Broken Cable End on Bed Slide.

mikeandconnie

Hello,

I just noticed my left hand bottom slide was not seated, after a inspection I found the bottom cable end was broken. I'm not sure, but it looks like I may have to pull the bed out to get to the cable. Has any one replaced this cable that can give me some tips?

Mike
2009 landmark Pinhurst

mikeandconnie

Bill,
I sent Norcon a picture of my broken ball end. They said never seen one break like this, so they are sending me a free repair Kit.
Thanks for the help,
Mike

Willym

Bill,
I sent Norcon a picture of my broken ball end. They said never seen one break like this, so they are sending me a free repair Kit.
Thanks for the help,
Mike
Good luck with the repair. It would be great if you could take some photos and put them on the forum so others can see what the job entails.

Last edited:

SJH

Past Washington Chapter Leaders
So...how does one get at all these components. I have a very small crawl space underneath the slide. Don't think there would be enough room to use a big swagging tool like in the video! Also...do other models mount the Accu-Slide upside-down like it is in our Big Country? (motor and cables on the bottom near the floor) Our cables and chains appear really loose but that might be normal.

mikeandconnie

I can only get to my motor on my 2009 Landmark by taking the top plywood off the bed frame.
After about 10 cycles of my slide, the L/H bottom cable I replaced became loose and corner of the slide did not close all the way. I had a gap. I tighen it and it's good now. In the closed postion, all 4 corners are closed and sealed.