Changes, I guess I'm the odd one!

Christytra

First let me say that we love our 2009 North Trail 31 BHD! We are coming up on two years ownership. While camping just a few days ago, we were bragging about the low weight of the North Trails. People are always so impressed with the length verses the weight. Also, from the first step in you can feel the difference in quality compared to other brands. We looked at several brands before we decided on the North Trail but after feeling the sturdiness and quality, I couldn't even consider another. After we were rear-ended last summer, we looked at other North Trails in case we had to consider a new purchase. We found that none were as nice as what we have!

I am sure that changes are due to popularness of items and the things that led me to buy aren't preferred by others. I LOVE my half-time oven. If I had one in my house I would cook with it and nothing else. I was sad to see it go in the newer North Trails. We chose the 31 BHD because there is no wall at the end of the bed and the "bunkhouse" is more an office area than bunkhouse. Since we are now just "two" we like the open areas. We have discovered that the 78" bed is needed. We aren't tall but find ourselves sleeping lower in the bed because of the curve in the front of the trailer over our heads. It is my understanding that the bed cannot be extended to 78" with the wall at the foot of the bed. New additions like the television....I would rather purchase my own anyway.

We did find, after a year, that we could not get by without a ladder. Too often we needed to get up to roof level. Our dealership was able to add a ladder that can be removed by pulling four pins and lifting out and up. My husband still has "issues" about a bike rack but I don't see the problem with placing the bikes inside and securing them with a bungee at the upper bunk while traveling.

Maybe by the time we wear this North Trail out and have to look for a replacement, we will see a return to the open floorplan and maybe even a version of the half-time oven!