Shurflow Smart Sensor 5.7 Problem

timdebs

I have a Shurflow Smart Sensor 5.7 water pump. First time we have used pump (usually hooked up to city water). I cut the pump on and works fine, cut faucet on water comes out, great pressure. Cut faucet off and wait 30 minutes and then cut faucet back on and pump will NOT pump. Cut pump on and off at panel and finally it starts to pump. Any ideas? Read on internet and apparently shurflow has had a lot of problems with this pump.

DougAndJudy

We just recently had a similar problem. Turn on pump at switch - faucet works once. Turn off switch, wait 5 minutes, pump worked once more. Left switch on overnight, pump never worked again.

Call ShurFlo. They will want you to send the label from the pump to verify manufacture date. They promised a replacement.

timdebs

I had not seen the reviews from amazon, not a very impressive pump. When the tech was testing mine he said he does not understand why factories put such a high output pump in rv's. If you are using your pump most likely you are pumping from your fresh water tank because you do not have water hook up. So why would you want to use your water supply so fast. I thought that was a good question. If I am dry camping I want to conserve as much as possible. The tech said he has a 2.8 gpm and never had any problem with it and had all the water he wanted. I went ahead a got one $80 and put it in. Works great can not tell any difference in water flow or pressure. Talked with Heartland Cust. Service and they are sending me a new pump with a return label to ship bad pump back. I might use new pump when it gets here and use the one I bought today as back up. From the way it sounds I will definitely need a back up pump!

westxsrt10

Perfict Senior Member
Our factory pump did just ok with 2.8 gpm 45psi but it was loud and the pressure was not constant. The new pump is allot quieter, has a more constant water flow 3 gpm/ pressure of 55psi. I considered installing a pressure tank but this pump works fine. I like having a spare as we dry camp about 40% of the time.

Last edited:

timdebs

Is your pump closer than 6' from the water heater? That model dosn't have the normal pressure switch. Have you checked out the reviews>http://www.amazon.com/SHURflo-5900-...dp_top_cm_cr_acr_txt?ie=UTF8&showViewpoints=1

I'm using the Shurflo Revolution 4008 $90 and seems to put out the same amount of water as when connected to city water pressure.

Our water pump is about 6 INCHES from water heater. It is mounted right beside water heater. Does this make a difference?

westxsrt10

Perfict Senior Member
Our water pump is about 6 INCHES from water heater. It is mounted right beside water heater. Does this make a difference?
I think the heat ruins that type of pump, or the excess rise in psi from the heated water trapped in the line.

timdebs

I think I might "ask the factory". Sure it easy to get to right now if/when I have a problem with it.

porthole

Retired
I had a problem with my pump this past weekend during the PA Rally. Wasn't a big deal until the campground lost water for a day, and the nearest bathroom was a 5 minute drive.

What I think happened to ours, and it was by chance I found it, is that the pump was never fully shutting off. It appeared to run at a very low speed and not shut off. This was causing the pump to become very hot and I think it has a thermal cut off.

The pump would shut down completely until it cooled a bit.

I have a new one already being shipped out.

When the pump is being used (faucet open) you will obviously hear it running, close the faucet and listen or feel the pump to see if it running, mine got really hot.