Airlift 5000 air bags

jimtoo

Hi JerryB,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and Family. We have a great bunch of people here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge if needed.

I installed Ride-rites on my GMC 1 ton dually. Was easy install and also installed onboard compressor. I'm sure some others will jump in here and give their opinion also. You might tell us what your installing them on and why.

Enjoy the forum.

Jim M

Rrloren

I put the Airlift 5000's on my Dodge and it was an easy install. For me 35 - 40 lbs. air in them brings my truck back to level and improves the ride when towing , also eliminated the "chucking" I was getting that I did not have on my previous Travel Trailer.
When not towing I run the air pressure down to under 5 psi and have no problems.

jayc

Texas-South Chapter Leaders
I've got Airlift bags on my '02 GMC 2500. It took me and a buddy about 2 hours to install. We put schrader valves on through the bumper to keep the bags filled.

westxsrt10

Perfict Senior Member
It all depends on what truck you have (year/size)?
I have RideRites and had to drill the frame in 8 spots with the kit i bought. <wrong! correction I had to drill for the 5th wheel hitch. The Air Bags bolted in.

Last edited:

pmmjarrett

Not just tired..... RETIRED!!!
2 years and over 100,000 trouble free miles on mine. Very happy. Can't comment on install, had a shop do it and only took them a couple hours to install the bags, compressor and control panel.

Last edited:

JerryB

I have a Chevy 2500HD 2007 Classic and duramax pulling 2011 3055rl 16k reese hitch thanks for reponse will probably go with the air lift 5000

Cyclone

I was going to install these on my F-450 But found something called Timbren Load Stabilizers. There is no maintence to these and they work great. Truck pulls level and I have a 3950 ToyHauler which is pretty heavy. Less than half the cost?

lwmcguir

Great air bags, however install the compressor as well to save time when changing loads or topping off the bags.

lwmcguir

We need to adjust them to get a softer ride when not towing. However I have to run 80 PSIG to level out the truck when the Coach is fully loaded and run about 15 PSIG when running empty.

jnbhobe

We need to adjust them to get a softer ride when not towing. However I have to run 80 PSIG to level out the truck when the Coach is fully loaded and run about 15 PSIG when running empty.

Forgot to say I only use this truck for towing