12V Light Intensity Changes

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
There were some posts in the past about the 12V lights suddenly getting brighter or dimmer in some rigs. During our last visit to ours, we experienced that one night. A small 120V lamp did not change, but the two 12V wall scounces that were on did. Suddenly brighten, that is. Just enough to be noticeable if you're sitting under them. At first, I thought, oh no, not me too. But then I looked at the Charge Wizard indicator (actually got the wiring fixed) and noticed that it had gone from NORMAL mode to BOOST mode (charging the battery). After about 30 minutes, or so, the indicator changed back to NORMAL and the two lights dimmed slightly. So, whenever your converter decides the battery needs a little TLC, the 12V lights may change intensity slightly.

lbhayden

Had similar problem with our 3250 BC. Found the convertor by removing slant wall in basement and saw that the convertor fan was not working. The lights were diming because the convertor would get hot and shut down. As the battery lost power the lights would dim but when the convertor cooled it would kick back in and the lightd would suddenly get bright. A new convertor fixed the problem - twice.

westxsrt10

Perfict Senior Member
Had similar problem with our 3250 BC. Found the convertor by removing slant wall in basement and saw that the convertor fan was not working. The lights were diming because the convertor would get hot and shut down. As the battery lost power the lights would dim but when the convertor cooled it would kick back in and the lightd would suddenly get bright. A new convertor fixed the problem - twice.

I have to agree with you....if the dimming of the lights is noted the chances are the converter is going south so have a battery charger onboard. The lights do not dim at all with our new converter compaired to the stock factory version. (even with 2 batteries) It's a close call to make either way.

Bobby A

Interesting,

I have had this same complaint since day one of our 3580 BH, had it checked out and everything checked fine, but to satisfy me the factory put in another converter with no change. I have to agree with JonDar, I was also told that it is normal for the lights to brighten slightly when the battery is being charged by the converter. I don't think mine stays brighter for 30 minutes though, maybe 5 minutes. I guess I'm not gonna worry about it.