New Road Warrior 361 Purchasers

DooDaaDame

We are so excited, we are currently in the process of ordering our new 2011 Road Warrior. We are impressed by not only the quality of this product, but by the responsive and positive attitude of the Heartland Salespeople and the Heartland Company. What other RV manufacturer can you call up and talk to your product line manufacturer personally? And get the answers you need?
We have been looking at "Toy Haulers" (could we find a better term here...they are much more than this!) for over two years and have never seen the equal to Heartlands quality and commitment. We have toured models from every manufacturer that makes toy haulers and only Heartland has taken the time to make this model not only beautifully hospitable, but capable of going off road where we need to be.
Thank you Heartland, we look forward to many years of riding together.
Would love to hear from other owners and share the joy and even perhaps some frustrations, also helpful hints from other wives on storage, etc.
My hint to share is back-of-the-door hanging shoe pockets make great places to store those small items in the bathroom, just don't put too much weight on the door!

Last edited:

jimtoo

Hi DooDaaDame,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and Family. We have a great bunch of people here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge if needed.

Yes, I agree, Heartland builds a great line of rv's.

Enjoy the forum and your Road Warrior when you get it and make lots of great memories.

Jim M

Mike Aplin

Wow!! Thank you so much for all of your kind comments in regards to our products and Heartland RV. We want to thank you for joining the Heartland family. Please look at the Cyclone/Road Warrior Face Book site and please post your pictures and fun experiences with other owners. We want you to have as much fun using our products as we have designing them!! Take care, Mike

rumaco

US Army Retired (CW4)
Welcome to the family!.........................it's a great place to relax...........and WOW the guys here know thier stuff! Never had a question that did not get answered.

goodtruck

Welcome to the Heartland family.My wife and I know how you feel.We got our ER 1 year ago and do not have a single regret.The folks at heartland and this forum have been just GREAT.
When you get to pick yours up make sure you allow several hours to do your PDI and know how everything works and that everything does work.If you have any questions feel free to post there are allot of really smart people here with lots of experience and all willing to help.

BruteForce

As goodtruck mentioned, do spend as much time as necessary going through EVERYTHING during your PDI. Things I would suggest you seriously look at:

- Water connections are functional and no leaks from toilets, sinks, etc.
- Refer is cold, freezer is working
- Landing gear are straight and functional
- Inspect the tires. If China Bombs, see if dealer will replace with something more reputable
- Look at the roof. Is it black or clean?
- And (something we failed to do, since it was winter when we picked ours up): Does the AC work and keep the TH cool? Ask them to turn it on prior to your arriving for the PDI

Congratulations on your purchase. We're still working out the bugs (and learning) on our new (and first) TH, but have now gotten out on a few trips already and are started to enjoy it.

mesteve

<hijack>
- Landing gear are straight and functional

The landing gear can be not straight? I figured it would be welded in place. Also, on the electric ones, does the motor, 'float' or should it be securely mounted in place?

P.S. I own a Sundance, not a RW.
</hijack>

BruteForce

One leg of our landing gear is slightly cocked to a side. Apparently bad welding. Dealer said "Don't worry about it", but it sure makes me nervous to see it tilting in my driveway.

<hijack>

The landing gear can be not straight? I figured it would be welded in place. Also, on the electric ones, does the motor, 'float' or should it be securely mounted in place?

P.S. I own a Sundance, not a RW.
</hijack>

jimtoo

One leg of our landing gear is slightly cocked to a side. Apparently bad welding. Dealer said "Don't worry about it", but it sure makes me nervous to see it tilting in my driveway.

I'm not 100% sure, but I think the landing gear is bolted on... not welded. So you might want to check into this a little more just in case something is broken or loose. I think I would worry about it if one is straight and one is cocked.

Jim M

DooDaaDame

Thanks for all your helpful suggestions, our local dealer is more than happy to let you hang around and check things out for as long as you need to feel comfortable with your purchase, we witnessed this when we went to look at a another model that had just been delivered and the owners were giving it a detailed going over, the set up crew actually hauled it into the bay and fixed the small concerns as the folks brought them up. Now, that's service!
We are not new to RV ownership and realize that a few things can be expected to need tweaking in a rig that is literally a complete house and garage on wheels. The difference with Heartland and our local dealer, Noble RV, is that they are there for you, and the sale is just the beginning of a long and happy relationship, not the end.
We searched far and wide for more than two years since we travel the country, and researched every Toy Hauler out there. We can find no better build, nor better service than Heartland. We are amazed at the no pressure sales, and the extra mile taken to get your needs met the first time. If it sounds like high praise, it's because they earned it.
Heartland has found the dealers who care and has entrusted their line to them. We haven't had a bad experience yet with a Heartland dealership, even when we asked the most annoying and tedious questions, via phone, email and in person. I asked stupid questions and delayed committing to any deal on purpose! I wanted to find out if they have the patience to deal with me now, cuz if they don't, they won't have the time when I have a problem!
Try visiting over 50 RV dealerships in two years and see for yourself what's out there. We had many instances of "Buy this one, (even if it doesn't meet our needs), or we can't be wasting time on you" or "We need you to put something down on this today, we have another buyer coming in tomorrow so you'll miss your chance". I can't believe that kind of attitude in this economy! I worked in sales and marketing for over a decade, I wouldn't sell a toilet brush with these lines.....so amaturish and unprofessional.
I won't even get into the way most dealerships treat women, it's like you're invisible! they only talk to the man and when they do say something to you its about the color scheme or how nice the microwave is, like I've never seen one before! Heartland is the ONLY Toy hauler line that actually built a unit with a woman and family in mind. That's why they are prospering, they see the big picture and women are in it. (not just draping around in a bikini ad with a beer in her hand, although, I must admit I do plan on relaxing in my one piece with an iced tea once we get our rig set up in Florida).
Say what you will, I will order from Heartland because they have already proven themselves to me, long before we signed and drove away. This company has got it right.
Thanks again for your help, and we sure will take pictures and post our new adventures when we take delivery. Happy Travels!

Mike Aplin

Wow!! What can I say about all of your kinds words. Not only about Heartland RV and our products, but our dealer partners across the country. This is the MAIN reason why we love what we do here. To be able to provide a quality product at an affordable price so our customers can make their own memories across this great country. As I stated earlier, please post your pictures and memories in our Road Warrior Face Book page so others to can enjoy your experiences. Take care, Mike

Last edited by a moderator:

mdvctry

Please let us know how you like your new RW 361. I'm really interested in this model, but have not seen one in person yet.

//heartlandowners.org/showthread.ph...pinions-pictures-likes-and-dislikes-on-RW-361

Thanks

DooDaaDame

Today we made the final arrangements to order our Road Warrior. The experience has been refreshingly positive and we are very excited that soon our Road Warrior will be delivered.
Mike- I have already signed up for the Facebook Road Warrior page as well as our dealerships Facebook page, (NobleRV) also. I will post pictures and stories on both once we get word it's coming in. Thank you for all your help, talk to you all again soon!

Jellystone

Congratulations, I hope you have great experiences with your Road Warrior. We really enjoy ours. When you take delivery and finally start using it, just give us a "shout" here on the forum with any questions/how to's.

DooDaaDame

We are just two weeks out from getting our new Road Warrior 361! Thanks to Heartland for answering all our questions and the team at Noble RV for getting us the home we needed!
Here is our travel blog with some pictures of the new interior on the latest builds.

DooDaaDame

8.jpg

3.jpg

Our New Home is Delivered! Click on this link to share our happiness!
Now I suppose we have to move from prospective owners Thread to New Owners Thread!
These are exclusive photos of our new Road Warrior 361, it's the newest build with some really great improvements, bigger windows and Cherry cabinetry. Enjoy!

mdvctry

Thanks for the pictures, Congratulations!!!!! How did your PDI go? What surprised you the most about your new home?

DooDaaDame

Thanks for the pictures, Congratulations!!!!! How did your PDI go? What surprised you the most about your new home?
Our PDI is tomorrow, we just ran over to see it being inspected, they do a VERY thorough inspection at Noble RV, making sure everything is in operating condition before they take you through and show you the ropes.
The thing that most surprised us was the quality of the interior in the latest modifications made to the line in the last month, we had actually never been inside a Road Warrior, we had only been able to tour a few Cyclones which are nice, (Actually Cyclone does have this same interior with dining set but it only has a 12' garage, we needed 14').
We had previously been looking at motorcoaches, Beaver, Monaco, and the like, but the coach was just not to be, we needed a garage to haul our camping equipment and most luxury coaches were out of our reach.
We found the interior to be just as nice as a high end coach, rich solid woods and beautiful solid surface counters.
The overall sturdiness of this vehicle was another surprise, even without the stabilizer jacks down it didn't wiggle, Doyle actually snuck up on me by accident because I was so used to our previous trailer vibrating when the cat jumped off a chair, (No Kidding here).
We were also surprised at the roominess, even though it only has one slide in the living area.
The new interior design and new modifications made in the last month have really made a difference, we love the recessed overhead lighting in the kitchen and slide out, the cherry finish is rich and inviting...the the bronzed (inside), mirrored (outside), larger windows really light the place up and are a decidedly good move on Heartlands part.
I want to mention to anyone within striking distance of Owatonna, MN to stop by Noble RV and check out the other Road Warrior they just ordered in, I know finding these models are as rare as Hen's Teeth as they sell very quickly, it's worth the drive! They also have several Cyclones....
I will be posting more pictures of some of the inside details, like how roomy the cupboards are and the closet space in the bedroom slide out when we take her over tomorrow.
This is our last night in our old trailer, and she's been a great girl, but with the dawn of a new day, we step up and into a beautiful, sturdy home and know we have the entire Heartland Company behind us all the way. We are Tickled Pink!

Mike Aplin

Welcome to the family!! All of us here at Heartland would like to say how much we appreciate all of your kind words and positive feedback. We want to help you before, during, and after your purchase!! Take care, Mike