Shower

I have a 2011 Sundance 3000RK we took it out for the first time and so far we love it, but one issue I noticed is in the shower there is a piece that the faucet is mounted on and it screws into the shower enclosure and the way it is designed the water that runs from the enclosure will run behind this piece because it is gapped and the water will run behind enclosure there is no sealant or anything and the piping connected to the faucet slightly pushes against the piece so in order to seal this water tight a large amount of sealant is needed and it looks sloppy. This is a very poor design there should be a lip that the piece slips under at the top. Any suggestions. Paul

I guess no replies I just thought this can cause a lot of potential water damage to the flooring under shower pan and is a design problem

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Believe it or not, I was going to reply but was having trouble picturing in my mind exactly what you were referring to. I was hoping someone with a newer rig similar to yours would respond. Heartland has changed the way they mount things in the shower since our rig was built. If you could post a picture of the problem, I'd be happy to try and help out.

wdk450

I think this is a common problem throughout all of the Heartland line. Get some silicone sealant and seal it up.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Hard to tell, looking through the shower door glass in the HL website photo of that unit. But it looks like the standard rectangular faucet mounting above the white removable access ring. There should be a black gasket between the mounting and the shower wall. Not sure how the thing is actually fastened to the wall. Could be there are nuts, or the attaching screw heads, behind the wall that need tightening by reaching up through that circular access.

Ray LeTourneau

Paul & Carol, If you are referring to the shower fixture, the thing with the hot & cold knobs on it, there are no screws to hold it in place. It is held in place by large diameter plastic flange nuts on the back side of the fixture. Under the fixture there is a round white disc. This disc unscrews. You can reach the nuts and hand tighten them as best you can. JohnDar is also correct saying there is a black plastic "gasket" although it's really not gasket material. It's really more of a spacer. If this is missing, you should be able to get one from your dealer. I wouldn't use silicone there as long as that spacer is in place. You could use plumbers putty behind if you want but only a thin layer.

Last edited:
Ray, I understand how the hot and cold faucet is attached with the plastic nuts on back and also the black gasket is there. What I am talking about is the faucet gasket are attached through a seperate piece with all the hardware we mentioned, but that seperate piece is then screwed to the shower enclosure with no sealing at all and it is gapped it is a serious design flaw I think I will take some pictures so all can see what I have here.

Ray LeTourneau

Pictures would be a great help. Our fixture is mounted directly to the enclosure on a flat area just below the soap holder. What comes to mind would be for you to dissassemble the whole shebang and see why there's a gap and if there is a way to eliminate it.

Better yet, have you addressed your with your dealer? If it's not too inconvenient for you, have them take care of it.
For now, we'll wait for the pictures and maybe we can get it straightened out.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Definitely need pictures. I'm getting a "picture" that his rectangular faucet/shower hose fitting is mounted on a separate piece of material and then that is screwed to the enclosure. If so, that would sound like something someone would do if they somehow managed to cut the opening for the plumbing way large or muffed it up and tried using a "cover" to get away with it. Hopefully, it's just my imagination running amuck here.

D

Dave Willis

We have found that issue some time ago and we are now sealing that faucet piece. We also got with out vendor to come up with a new piece that is working fine now.

Thanks,

D

Dave Willis

Sorry I was out of the office yesterday but we have corrected the problem.

Thanks,

Dave Willis is there any way that the new designed piece can be given to me to fix mine more permanent since I have had my RV for less than two months, because this will always be a problem. Paul

D

Dave Willis

I would check with our parts department to see if they can help you.

Thanks,