Grand Canyon Area

DC10-FE

Hi everyone!
Had some last minute changes to my summer schedule and looking for a good campground in the Grand Canyon, AZ area. I realize I'm probably out of luck this late in the season, but it's worth a try.

I'm looking for something near Tusayan, AZ that can handle a 35' 5'er and is generator friendly if they don't have hookups. The dates I'm looking at are from the 18th - 23 of July. I've done some searching and it really looks like there are limited campgrounds in the Grand Canyon area and they don't provide much information other than reviews from previous visitors.

Any little bit of help would be GREATLY appreciated.

Thanks.

jimtoo

Hi Scott,, Yes,,, probably a little late to get in anyplace in that area.. We stayed in Williams, Az at Railside RV Ranch. It is run by really nice people, can tell you how to get in the back door of Grand Canyon and miss a lot of traffic. Ask about the Indian restaurant near the back end of canyon,,, talk about some great food and lots of it. They have something going every night at park, cookout, music, movies, they just ask for donations for the extras and even had a free rolls and coffee and cereal in the mornings.

Jim M