Information Please - Electric Cord Reel

WayneO

I am looking at a Landmark or Big horn and since I hope this will be my last RV I want to get it right. One option I am interested in is the electric cord reel because coiling and carrying 35' of 50 amp cord, especially when the temperature is cool, is not my idea of fun. I have seen no discussion of the electric cord reel on the owners forum except whether or not the door is installed correctly. Has anyone had any problems with cord reel or is just not a popular item? Any information you can give me would be greatly appreciated.

Wayne

jimtoo

Hi Wayne,

I have never heard of anyone having a problem with the power cord reel, so I guess that is why we don't see any post about them.

The Standards and options list show that the power cord reel is "Standard Equipment" on the Landmarks and can be added as an option on the Bighorns.

Jim M

ChopperBill

We have never had 50 amp power where ever we have been that I can think of. I ordered the power wheel option so I didn't have to store that stinking cord in one of the bays. I keep our 50-30 amp adapter in the reel compartment and I only have to wrestle a 30 amp cord.

jayc

Texas-South Chapter Leaders
The only problem I have heard of is not watching where the end of the cord is and rolling it onto the reel. They say it's hard to get it out.

ATLJOHN

We have it on our bh 3670 and would not do without it. If this going to be your RV puchase then for sure I would order it. You would be very glad you did.

Pizzaguy

I will second ALTJOHN's post.It is a great option but you do have to guide it in as it is retracted.I will not have another one without it.

DougS

Doug S
Wayne,
I have just taken ownership of a Landmark, and love the shore line power reel. I use a paper towel to let the cord pass through my hand and clean the cord. After using it 6 times now, I think it is a great option, and worth getting.
DougS

RollingHome

Wayne, I'm going to say it like it is... It's a real igo pleaser when you are breaking camp and all the other campers are watching (as you know, they are watching) you whiz your cord into the cord eater with your finger and a ragged hand and the sound of that whine ...it just spews quality & class! Ya just have to be careful to not let the plug get sucked in too ! It is so..o..o..o easy to do the power thing. Go for it dude, you'll kick yourself in the butt if ya don't. Also, these things are trouble free and fun to use, I love mine ... JMO

kakampers

Past Heartland Ambassador
We're so jealous...we actually have an appointment later this month at the Factory to have one installed on our 08!! By the time we're done we'll have on 08', 09', 10', 11'..etc.:angel:

kakampers

Past Heartland Ambassador
Ken... You've finally come over to the DARK side... welcome my friend...

Thanks...glad to be here!! Hey, it's cheaper than buying a new rig....next year, maybe the slam-baggage doors we want! Heartland's gotta stop making all these neat new upgrades...it's getting expensive!! :cool:

musicman

We have the BH 3185 RL with the electric cord reel. We just love it. But be very careful not to let the plug get sucked into the reel. If is rather difficult to get it out. Trust me! Ha...Ha...Ha...