1st trip in 21FBS

Ride1st

We picked up our NT 21FBS on thursday from RV Wholesalers. These are a few of the things we have experienced so far. Everything went well at the dealer. We scheduled delivery on a Thursday thinking it wouldn't be busy. We still waited close to an hour before we were able to do our walk through. The salesman told us they deliver 60 units a week. Everything looked good on the walk through so we signed the papers and drove away. We stayed at Indian Lake State Park about 3 miles from the dealership. I would highly recommend this park. We had a beautiful lakeside sight. There were some other local private campgrounds but they didn't look as nice or well kept from what we could see driving by. We went with the upgraded pillowtop mattress from North Trail. If this is the upgraded mattress I would hate to sleep on the stock mattress. It's not bad but we were expecting more. We woke up Friday morning to heavy thunderstorms. Glad we're no longer camping in a tent:rolleyes: My wife was worried about water building up on the awning so we went outside to see if we should retract it. As we are standing there the front of the awning retracts a few inches automatically and dumps the accumulated water. How cool is that. When the rain lets up enough we hook up and decide to get on the road. This is our first trailer so I was concerned how the truck and I would make out. A few hours down the road, I am doing fine, and the truck, a chevy silverado 1500, is handling things no problem. As we left flat Ohio and got into Pa, the truck started working a lot harder on the hills. Our second night was at Ohiopyle state park in Pennsylvania, another place I would highly recommend. We are staying tonight yet at Ohiopyle and will be heading home in the morning. We still have a lot to learn and figure out, but we are off to a good start thanks to the help and info from this forum.

bozo

Ride1st, I have been thinking of you guys and wondering how you came out. Hope you found RVW ok sorry my directions were no better than they were. The NT 21FBS is a great trailer. I have a GMC 1500 and I to was fine until the Kentucky hills but I think we are ok. We just got back from our second trip. It was 94 F and our air kept it like a freezer inside the trailer. I will be doing an upgrade soon on the thermastat. I am going to wallyworld and getting a digital so the temp swing wont be so drastic. We have been talking on the forum about the NOAA weather alert on the radio. I'm sure yours has this. It comes on when a weather alert is issued in your area and does not go off until you turn it off. The guys from the factory said to get an on/off switch for the battery so you can turn off the battery power to the trailer and keep it from coming on. This will keep it from running your batteries down while the trailer is in storage. Anyway welcome to the family and Happy Camping!!!!

bozo

Last edited:

Ride1st

After you told me of your difficulty finding RV Wholesalers I looked them up on Google Earth. It definately made finding them easier. I also think my truck will be ok as a tow vehicle. I just have to get used to being in a lower gear and having the engine revving higher. Thanks for the heads up on the NOAA alerts. I will probably install a battery disconnect as well. We are looking forward to next weekend and getting out again.