mgdg

Hello everyone My Wife and I are about to become proud owners of a new 2011 Big Country 3450TS or a 3595RE. We will decide this Monday morning, they both look great but the 3450TS seems to have more storage space which the Wife loves but I`m partial to the 3595RE. Are there any likes or dislikes on either one. I just got rid of a S.O.B.(2004 Keystone Mountaineer) which had really no problems for 6 yrs, but it was time to move up to Newer and better. I was a Montana owners member and will be leaving to join your club so to speak. Looking forward to good info on the new products and I`m sure bad as we all know ALL brands have problems of some sort. Looking forward to picking some brains!!

jimtoo

Hi mgdg,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and Family. We have a great bunch of people here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge if needed.

I'm sure you will be happy with your new toy. Just do a really good PDI and make sure everything works.

Enjoy the forum.

Jim M

goodtruck

Welcome you will find lotts of good people here with a bunch of experance and a willingness to help.Ask all the questions you want someone will help.

B

bwwalczak

Both Big Country layouts are superb sellers, but from a national perspective, the 3450TS has found more retail homes this year than the 3595RE. Both models have an extraordinary amount of storage.

If we can answer any questions or direct you to a local dealer, please let us know. Thank you for your post.

bacaye

Hello everyone My Wife and I are about to become proud owners of a new 2011 Big Country 3450TS or a 3595RE. We will decide this Monday morning, they both look great but the 3450TS seems to have more storage space which the Wife loves but I`m partial to the 3595RE. Are there any likes or dislikes on either one. I just got rid of a S.O.B.(2004 Keystone Mountaineer) which had really no problems for 6 yrs, but it was time to move up to Newer and better. I was a Montana owners member and will be leaving to join your club so to speak. Looking forward to good info on the new products and I`m sure bad as we all know ALL brands have problems of some sort. Looking forward to picking some brains!!

We can only speak for the 3450 TS. We picked ours up in April. We moved up from a 2010 Big Country. We moved from a queen bed to a king bed, shower has more room, separate closet for washer/dry, (no, we do not have one but I have a area for the dirty clothes hamper), island in the kitchen, 40" tv, storage under the bed, hallway storage, entertainment center, love the exterior, etc.

On the other side...I miss the drawers by the stove that was in the 2010, We found just a couple things wrong with the 2010. With this one we found too many things that needed to be repaired. The counter area in the 2010 never had a scratched in the counter top area, but on this one it is a constant battle to watch what we put on it.. Not sure what the issue with this is because it is the same counter top.

Overall, we love it and have had many compliments. I love having the back window area opened so this is one of the reasons we went with the 3450TS. I vote for the 3450TS...Barb

SilverRhino

Welcome to the HL "Family"! Lots of great people and loads of wonderful information.

No matter which Big Country you choose......you will be getting a great value for your money!

Travel Safe!

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
An early congratulations on your new "home away from home". Whichever floorplans you decide on are great. Enjoy and travel safely :).

mgdg

Thanks for the welcomes and congrats. Well we decided on the 3450TS and will be getting her on Thursday. Having a Trailair put on and a diamond coat finish applied. Looking forward to the first trip with her this weekend, just locally to break her in. Will miss the Montana but I`m sure we`ll get over it.

jimtoo

Hey mgdg,

Congratulations on your purchase of the 3450. I'm sure you will love it and make lots of good memories with it. The Trailair pin box is a great investment. Really improves the ride by eliminating most of the bounce and chucking. But the diamond coat???? If that is a wax treatment that the dealer applies for about $1k, not to sure that is a good investment for what you get. I'm sure some others will voice their opinions also.

But welcome to the family and please do a really good, take your time, PDI. Make sure everything works and you can work everything,,, TV to water hookup.

Jim M

mgdg

Jimtoo no its not $1K for the diamond coat it comes to about $450 and is good for 5 yrs. A friend of mine has it done on his 2000 Jayco Designer every 3-5 yrs and looks as good as the day he brought it home

jimtoo

Jimtoo no its not $1K for the diamond coat it comes to about $450 and is good for 5 yrs. A friend of mine has it done on his 2000 Jayco Designer every 3-5 yrs and looks as good as the day he brought it home

OK, I know some dealers push a so-called lifetime finish, very expensive thing, that is not very good. As long as you have seen good results and comfortable with price, go for it.

Again, welcome to the family and enjoy the forum.

Jim M