Shower drain

Tankie

Our shower drains slow, has anyone found a good way to clean out the trap?
I took the sink trap apart and cleaned it, but the shower is trap is glued and I don't want to go cutting into it. Don't need the troubles that come with that. Thanks

Pulltab

If all else fails, make sure the drain valve is open and use compressed air. Slowly at first, shouldn't take much to push it through.

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
We've used that "2 part" drain cleaner available everywhere. I think Draino even has a version. It's two different liquids in the same bottle but when you pour it in, the liquids blend and supposedly have a better end result. I've used it 3 or 4 times since we've started full timing. I use it in the vanity sink as well. Once I run clean water down the drains, I make sure to run lots of water through the Gray tank for a while just in case the chemicals may have an effect on the tank material.

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
We have used a very small thin brush on a long wire made for cleaning drains. Put it in the drain and rotate the brush and the hair sticks to the bristles when you pull it out. Works good.

goodtruck

I got a small snake at ace hardware for around 5 bucks it is small enough to fit down the drain screen it works well to dislodge the trap and then I flush with lotts of water.