Round Disc Out Of Sewer Line

DumpsterDog

Hello All. Yesterday while I was emptying one of my gray tanks a round metal disc came out of the sewer line and got caught up in my sewer hose entrance (I was using the sewer solution which has a smaller hose than the normal so it didn't go far). The disc itself is about 2 inches round, black on both sides with a chalk? X on the one side. I was just emptying, wasn't doing a back flush or anything.

Any ideas what this is? Part of a flapper valve somewhere or just a leftover part?

Thanks for any help.

jimtoo

HI DumpsterDog,

Welcome to the Heartland Forum. I see you have been around for a while, but just looking.. I have no idea what would be metal in the gray tanks, maybe someone will jump in soon and help out.

Enjoy the forum.

Jim M

Northern Virginia
Are you sure it was metal and not black plastic? Sounds like the "slug" from the hole saw they used to cut out for the drain line.

John

DumpsterDog

Newbie, I think you're right that it is a slug of some sort, definitely metal, on closer inspection I could see the shavings around it from where it had been drilled. I think my brain is rotting in this Florida heat, should have seen that. Just wanted to make sure it wasn't anything I should worry about and wasn't a known issue of some sort. Thanks for the quick reply.

rjr6150

Would have to agree with John most likely it's from the tank when they cut the drain hole and itsn't metal. One way to confirm try a magnet on it.

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
At the factory when they cut the hole in the grey and black tanks for the drain hose the disc that was cut out will usually fall into the tank. It is left there rather than try to 'fish'
it out. It will eventually wash ouf of the tank. Sometimes it will even stop the line up. Nothing to worry about.