Ceiling fan will not very functional.

tmcran

The ceiling fan in the living room does not put out air. Tried on forward and reverse. Seems to be to close to the ceiling. There is a recess of a couple of inches and I was wondering if anyone has dropped the fan down or installed a different kind. Looks as if I can drop it about 4 more inches and not hit the LR slide when it comes in. Ideas?

kakampers

Past Heartland Ambassador
Yep! We installed a 5 blade, 52", flushmount Harbor Breeze ceiling fan...think we bought it at Lowes. The only issue is that with the length of the large blades, because of the configuration of our 3600RL, I have to make sure the fan blades "straddle" the decorative centerpiece on the top entertainment slide, BEFORE bringing the slides in.

Other than that it works GREAT!! Puts out alot of air, you can actually feel it...and when reversed really helps to draw air thru the coach. The other neat thing we did was to replace the toggle style switch for the fan in the closet near the door with a variable speed fan switch...fits right in it's place, and now we do NOT have to pull the chain to change speed. We set the speed when we turn it on...also works great cause we're both short..LOL!!

P.S. One other thing we did...the blades on the fan were oak colored, but really didn't match that well...contacted Heartland and purchased some of the contact paper they use on the sides of the cabinets. Was able to recover the fan blades with it, and now they match perfectly!!

Last edited:

tmcran

Ken, I think my fan is about 42 inches. I'll have to check to see if a 52 inch will fit. I believe the smaller fan will work if it was not so close to the ceiling.Does the BH have a recessed area that the fan fits into? Sounds as if you made some good mods as well.

Gator

We replaced our fan with one that is on about a 4" downrod. It now works great and is much quieter than the original.

MC9

I discovered because the fan is so close to the ceiling it actually moves more air blowing up. Don't feel too bad, my buddy's Mobile Suites (sigh..) fan is even closer to the ceiling and moves even less air, and it can't be lowered because the slide is so high.

kakampers

Past Heartland Ambassador
Ken, I think my fan is about 42 inches. I'll have to check to see if a 52 inch will fit. I believe the smaller fan will work if it was not so close to the ceiling.Does the BH have a recessed area that the fan fits into? Sounds as if you made some good mods as well.

Yes...the BH does a have recess in the ceiling. Since the residential fan is bigger it gives it just the right amount of "drop" so that it can move the air, without the wobble an extension would cause. The bigger, longer blades are what really make the difference. Believe me, we've had this in the BH for almost a year, and it's no problem at all...just one little addition to the check list when closing up.

Below are pics of the new fan and switch....

100_0022.jpg100_0020.jpg

Gator

Only that it was inexpensive and came from Walmart. It has about the same blade diameter and came with a light kit that we did not use (may be too low for the slide). Wish I could be more specific, but I think most any fan will do. They simply need to have enough space between the fan and ceiling to be able to pull in the air to the blades.