Ohio campgrounds

k-f-Indiana

Has anyone stayed at River Trail Crossing near Butler, OH? RV Park Review's last posting is very old. We're not looking for amenities, just reasonably roomy sites with hookups & easy access.

k-f-Indiana

I guess I should have asked this question differently. We are going to be traveling through Ohio on our way Northeast to Maine. Ohio's State Parks seem to mostly have elec hookups only, and the private campgrounds that have 2 or 3 way hookups seem to be rather expensive for just a 1 or 2 night stay, or they have bad reviews on RV Park Reviews. We will be traveling I-70 eastward to I-71 north from Columbus to St Rd 20 along the northern border. If anyone can suggest campgrounds along this route, your help would be greatly appreciated.

mrcomer

Past Ohio Chapter Leaders (Founding)
Tomorrow's stars at route 70 and route 40 east of Springfield has all full hookups and reasonable rates.

DO NOT TRY ENON BEACH! It is a dump!!! Dump dump dump!!! Did I mention it is a dump?

Last edited:

buckeyebob

i would venture a tad south and visit hocking hills state park 11 miles south of rt33 logan ohio.they bhave water fill stations and your tank holds enough to camp 3 days anyhow.this is a beautiful place with gorgeouse overlooks and miles of hiking trails.we will be there july 12 thru 18th.olympic size pool and kidde pool,lake and lots of natural sites,campsites are large and peaceful.where in maine are you staying? we stayed at hadleys point cg. when we were in bar harbor.
we made one huge error when we got off of i90 and took the(scenic )route around the great saca daga lake!!!!!!we stayed in lake luzurne/lake george new york for 3 days on the way to maine,adirondak mntns.lots of history at fort ticonderoga at lake george.oops im startin to ramble bye buckeyebob

k-f-Indiana

Thanks, mrcomer & buckeyebob. Checking these out. Also, found a couple up north on Highway 20, Aru Marina & Campground at Ashtabula and Village Green Campground (a public park) at North Kingsville. Anyone familiar with these? No reviews on RV Review.