Final Stages of Bighorn Purchase

Bopper

Greetings:

We are in the final stages of purchasing a 2006 Bighorn 3500RL. We are planning to use it as our home-away-from-home in Florida for the winter. (We are getting tired of the Canadian winters in Nova Scotia.) The 3500RL seems to have the space and the layout we would need for semi-full timing.

My wife and I retired four years ago and started going south two years ago. We have been camping and trailering for thirty-nine years and have travelled throughout Canada and the Eastern U.S. We have had a variety of towables and once did an Atlantic to Pacific trip in a small poptop. Hopefully, the Bighorn will provide more comfort!!!!!

Best regards,
Bopper

katkens

Founding Illinios Chapter Leader-retired
I'm sure you will like your new Bighorn, we looked at that model and really liked it. We just wanted something a little shorter and love our 3055. I can understand wanting to go south for the winter gets really cold in your neck of the woods. One day we are hoping to travel up the eastern coast and up to where you live. Congrats and happy retirement!
Ken

RickNB

Hi Booper
Gongrats on your purchase. What dealer are you working with I didnt know there was a Heartland in your area. We are in Moncton and purchased our Sundance here with Patterson's .

Have Fun
Rick

jbeletti

Bopper,

Congrats to you guys. Thirty-nine years of camping - wow. You've seen a lot of change in RVs in that time I'll bet. If you care to be an active contributor on this forum, some of us would love to get some wisdom from your 4 decades of experience.

Best of luck on your purchase, PDI and delivery and we look forward to hearing from you after you take delivery.

Jim

Bopper

Greetings:

In reply to Rick, we are working with Fraserway RV in Bedford, N.S. They are a major multi-line dealer with four branches in Nova Scotia, Ontario, and B.C.

Their lineup includes Torry Pine and Cypress by Newmar, Bigfoot by Landmark and Larado by Keystone. They also specialize in Class A's by Newmar and Class C by Adventurer (their own house brand, I believe). They are the Canada's largest RV rental company and have a large business renting Class C's to German tourists.

We are trading a 2004 Wildcat 27RL, bought from Sackville RV in New Brunswick. A great trailer and a great dealer, but a quite a bit cramped for six months of full time living.

Best regards,
Bopper

sharmulst

Congratulations
We have a BH 3500 RL with the island in the kitchen. Very happy with our purchase. It is an early 2006 model so the sink is in the slide. We have had only minor problems with the coach. All were fixed while at the rally in June. We will be leaving for our winter sojourn on the 27th of October. Going to Calif., AZ and other parts south or wherever the spirit leads us. None

jcd8822

Joseph
Congratulations on your new rig. We have a 2006 BH 3500RL and decided to become "Summer Canadians" in ours. We toured NB, PEI, Nova Scotia, Ont. and Quebec this past summer. We could not have wanted a better coach. Your fellow Canadians really know how to make Texans feel welcome. They were all great hosts.

If you decide to try something different next year, consider the Rio Grande Valley in Texas. We have a lot of "Winter Texans" from Canada who come down each season. We go down there the day after Christmas and stay two months.

Enjoy your Bighorn and safe journeys.

Bopper

Greetings:

After a few delays and some last minute panics, the papers have been signed and the cheque delivered and the 2006 3500RL Bighorn is officially ours.

We spent yesterday at the dealership with the paperwork and transferring our stuff from our previous trailer (2004 Wildcat 27RL). It is absolutely amazing how much we can accummulate and how long it takes to move it from one small space to another!!!!

Since the Bighorn is larger than the towing capacity of my Ram 1500 (even with the 5.7L Hemi), I am having it towed to an RV resort in Florida next week. We can hardly wait until the following week to join it.

Best regards,

Bopper

2 Adults and 2 very spoiled Cocker Spaniels
2006 Bighorn 3500RL

jbeletti

Hey Bopper,

You got it - congrats!

Hey - maybe time to trade that Hemi in on a Cummins Turbo Diesel :D

You guys have fun and be sure to post back after you get settled into it for the winter. Let us know how it's working out for you. And certainly look to this community to help you out when you have questions or problems. As a collective, the owners on this forum have worked through a myriad of issues and we're willing to share our learnings.

We too are interested in your contributions to the forum down the road.

Travel safe,

Jim

sislv

Tom & Sharol
Congratulations....

Congratulations Bopper.......enjoy the new rig and hope you have a nice winter in Florida. Curious where you are going in Florida. My wife and I will be heading to Zephyrhills FL (northeast of Tampa) in about three weeks. We have been going there for about 6 years and had a double wide home in a senior park. Sold the home last April and bought our Bighorn 3055RL. So this will be our first winter in the RV. We have a reservation for the winter in a mixed RV/Mobile Home park.

Tom & Sharol
Northern Michigan

Bopper

Greetings Tom:

You are just inland from us. We will be located in Ja-Mar North Travel Pack in Port Richey FL. The park is about 1,000 yards south of SR 52 on US 19. It is also a mixed use park. We will be there in two weeks. If you are in the neighborhood, please drop in.

Best regards,
Bopper

2 Adults and 2 very Spoiled Cocker Spaniels
2006 Bighorn 3500RL