Air Conditioner Problems

bacaye

I think Bill and I need some advice//information. If you look up at the air conditioner on each side of the vent you can open or close, you will see two rounded pieces. One on each side. A few mins. ago we had a steady stream of water coming from one of those areas. We are not sure what is happening nor have we ever had this problem. This unit has been in some hard rains before and nothing leaked. We did have a rain and the air conditioner was running at the time. We still have rain, the air conditioner is still running but at this second we have no water. I am holding my breath on that statement...We are wondering if anyone has had this problem or if you have any thoughts as to what might be happening? Thanks, Barb

Northern Virginia
My guess would be condensation. If you are talking about the main vent at the a/c unit, some people have had to repair/adjust the baffle between the supply and return duct. If it is loose or not properly positioned you can get a lot of condensation dripping from the unit. If you search this you may be able to find some pics and write ups on fixes.

John

Northern Virginia
Here's one I found in a quick search: //heartlandowners.org/showthread.ph...is-this-normal?p=123891&viewfull=1#post123891

bacaye

Thank you newbie. We will check it out. It was so strange...I walked by the island over to the entertainment center to answer the phone..within a couple mins. I had water all over the counter and floor..We could see where it was coming from but not why. Bill opened the vent..not sure why it was closed in the first place...but the leak stopped about as soon as it took to clean up. So far so good. With all the heat and rain we were concerned we had a leak coming from the roof area or a major problem. We have never had an air condition problem any camper we have own so did not want to have something with the Big Country. Our little, but annoying, problems with this unit is beginning to make you say a few bad words...LOL

bacaye

Update on air conditioner: Five camping trips, five major storms, five leaks with three trips to dealer after Mike helped us at Nashville. Finally, a week ago they installed a new one. Everyone thought condensation was freezing is up, etc. but a seal or something else had separated and the fan was pulling the water in causing lots of problems. At least hoping the mystery is solved. The week prior to dealer changing the air conditioner we has a second one installed in the bedroom. Major excitement for the old air conditioner leaked during a storm, the new one froze up and leaked..dumping water on the bed, and two days later the sink started leaking..the drains were about to fall out... We can smile about it now but I thought I saw steam coming off me..not Bill this time... It is one thing for Bill to not be a happy camper but when it gets to me it is bad. I have tons of patiences but that was my limit. We were lucky we caught the water before it got to the mattress but it was so late we slept with all the towels..too late for anything but sleep.. I am anxious for the Illinois Rally to see if we can have one weekend without anything happening but I love our Big Country!!!!