What's Up With This

jpajax

It has been on what little mine I have for about a week now. Is it that the kids and the wifes think that we being a man we do not know where we are going I have never seen so many adds on gps and navigation systems for fathers day.:confused:

GETnBYE

It's not that you guys don't know where you're going at all. It's just that you don't know how to get there!!!
Just teasing, sorta.
Nita (whose hubby has a garmin and most of the time thinks it is wrong!)

jimtoo

All kidding aside, if you put a destination in your GPS, you should review the route before you start out. Check to make sure your not going someplace that you don't want to go. Especially going through some towns. Your GPS usually picks the shortest route, which may not be the best for a rv'er.

Jim M

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
Everytime I follow the GPS to the letter I end up going either the long way around or through the hood with a bunch of low tree limbs. I was better off before I got it. LOL

jimtoo

Are you speaking from experience. HA HA Sorry in a silly mood.

Yep... mine was not to bad because I recognized the route could not be the best for a rv'er, so I stayed on the freeway and let "Gertrude" tell me she was "Recalculating" .

Jim M

GETnBYE

You can set you gps to go the fastest route or shortest route. fastest usually takes you on the larger roads. I do agree that it's a good idea to check the route first and then you can put in via points to keep you on larger roads.
Nita

Bighurt

I still trust the Atlas over the Magellan GPS... And the celestial bodies for navigation in the rough...someday you'll be without a battery.

noobee

Having great performance with my Magellan 1470... only one mis-direct so far: to a WalMart POI in Aransas Pass.

CS

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
It has been on what little mine I have for about a week now. Is it that the kids and the wifes think that we being a man we do not know where we are going I have never seen so many adds on gps and navigation systems for fathers day.:confused:
And along with those, a lot of other small electronic gadgets. For me, the GPS was supposed to be a tool but it ended up being a gadget cause I rely more on streets & trips before actually taking the trip. We have 2 GPS units. A Magellan and a Tom Tom. Both are pretty good but sometimes I just can't seem to find what I'm looking for when searching for POI's. Sometimes more frustrating than helpful. OK ya'll, I've got to go and "recalculate".;)