Slide Vertical Adjustments

mesteve

I noticed the vertical adjustments on the outboard end of the slide extentions seem to have shifted. I can see where they were at one point because there is a 'mask' where the plate was and the bolt holes used to be.

Admitedly I know nothing about rv slides, but it appears to be operating fine, there is some rubbing going on in the flooring inside when retracted probably from road vibrations, but it seals and slides fine.

Question, would they have really assembled the frame and slide, painted it as one piece, then adjusted it later? And, is there anything I can do to prevent more chaffing on the linolium while driving.

Thanks

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
To answer your question ....yes. The slides are easy to adjust. There are 2 vertical adjusting bolts to each slide. The "feet" have 2 bolts each. You loosen the bolts on the feet and can move the slide up and down with the vertical bolts. When I did mine, I had to run the slide in and out to make it move.

mesteve

Thanks guys, I understand the how, now I need to understand the 'do I need to'. I don't know if they are in fact out of adjustment or not, it just appears to me that they may have moved. Like I mentioned, my RV maintenance experience is nada at this point.

westxsrt10

Perfict Senior Member
Thanks guys, I understand the how, now I need to understand the 'do I need to'. I don't know if they are in fact out of adjustment or not, it just appears to me that they may have moved. Like I mentioned, my RV maintenance experience is nada at this point.
I dont think yours are out of adjustment.....mine look the same way. I think the metal pieces are painted before installation so making the final adjustment will expose the unpainted steel.

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Mesteve, you did make a statement about marks on the floors. The slides should not be making marks if your slides are adjusted properly. It could be that a screw or some dirt got under the guides and is making marks. You might check it out.