Slide outs stopping while being retracted.

B. Lee

Firecapt422
Has anyone had problems while brining in the slide outs? Our bedroom slide comes in without any problems, but the living/dining room slides stops several times while brining the the side in to the travel position. Any trick fixes that anyone knows of??

Thanks, Butch:confused:

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Butch, when the slide stops, can you hear anything different with the pump motor? Straining or any unusual noise? Check around the pump area first to see if you have enough fluid in the reservoir and next for any leakage around fittings. It may also be binding but it's hard to diagnose without actually being there.

noobee

I was having the same problem... found a loose connection in the hydraulic area... since tightening this, only time I've extended it worked okay... hopefully that solved it.

VS

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
There is circuit breaker which is undersized. It is a 50 amp breaker and should be 80 amp. Change it to 80 amp and it solves the problem

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Having a weak or low battery will also cause this. It will overload the circuit breaker. Low voltage will cause the amps to go up. See "OMH's law". Need more info to help you with this. Is/was the battery low? Was the fluid level OK?

B. Lee

Firecapt422
No, the batteries are in good shape, and I have not noticed any fluid leaking out of the trailer but I will take a closer look. THe bedroom slide works just fine and there is no abnormal noise when bringing in the slides except they their is absolute silence and you let the switch return to the normal position and push to the in position and the unit goes silence and stops again. It takes around 4 tries to get the dinning/living room slide it to the closed position Jim, where is the breaker, is it near the the pump unit in the forward compartment or in the fuse panel inside the trailer?

Thanks for all the help, Butch

Bob&Patty

Butch, the circuit breaker should be on the back wall of the front compartment. Unless they have changed them, they will have a red cover on each breaker. Follow the wiring from the pump the the breaker. There is a little black button on the side of the suspect breaker. That is the reset button. The fact that it will start working again without resetting it troubles me. You might check all the wiring for any loose connections.

branson4020

Icantre Member
The only breaker that should have a button on the side is the 50A manual-reset breaker that feeds the 12V fuse panel in the coach. All the other breakers should be AUTO reset, no button on the side.

Bob&Patty

Bob, you are correct to a point. HL may have changed things in 08 or 09. My 07 Horn slide circuit breaker does have a reset button on it. Don't ask how I know.

Wharton

We stopped at NAPA to get an 80A breaker and they didn't have one in their catalog. Where do you find one? Does heartland or Lippert have them?

Thanks

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
Use a 50 and a 30 or do like I did after being told to do so by Lippert, I used a 50 and put it in series.

Thank you all for the info, Clint also. We searched and searched the internet and couldn't find 80a. Found 60amp, 90amp and up. Obviously we were looking for the wrong thing(typing in 80amp circuit breaker wasn't the way to go). Frustration but as usual the forum comes through.

Thanks again.

Jim-n-Leslie

I have the same issue. The bedroom slide-out retracts fine. When I retract the after slide-outs, the right side slide-out comes in fine and the left side gets to about the 80% point, then stops. I extend it momentarily, then it retracts the rest of the way fine. I have not been home long enough to trace the hydraulics or check the breakers, but will do so next week while the family is camping at Disney.
Jim

Wharton

FYI-I found the 80a at Burnstine but shipping was a killer. $20 dollar item, $11 shipping. Since we are going to be in Elkhart in Sept I called and asked if i could just stop buy and buy it, no problem. I mentioned the shippwing was a killer and she offered to send it USPS, thinks it would $2-$3. Learned a lesson there.