31QBS Fridge Fan

Z71-K9

My camper is equipped with a fan on the back of the fridge. It is loud when its running. It will wake you up at night. I noted that there is heat coming from the vent at the top of the fridge. Is there a better way to cool the coils without so much noise?

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
That little fan should not make a lot of noise. It's nothing more than a "muffin" fan, similar to ones used in computers. Check the mountings to be sure it's not loose or that something is interfering with the blades.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Since the fridge requires cooling in the back regardless of the power source, propane or 120V, it's probably a 12V fan (or regulated down, even). If it's vibrating the walls, it's either loose, obstructed, or defective (bearings, broken blade). The fridge has a 3 year warranty on it, but I'm not sure if the fan is considered part of that. Have you contacted your dealer for assistance?

irvin56

The fan is only for moving air in the closed area behind fridge. With the fridge in slides, they have bad air circulation.
mine comes on and off every now and then. But not noisy. like john said, check for fan mounted tightly. I believe the are same as the computers use. same size anyway.
Search forum for " fridge fans" a know there was a dicusion on this item a while back.

2010augusta had a topic on this

Last edited: