Artists are chosen for our show - Mel Tillis, Kenyon Lockry, Marty Stuart, Jimmy Dickens, Riders In The Sky...

GETnBYE

I keep checking the schedule everyday to see who it will be and no one is confirmed yet for that date.
I am resorting to checking my fav singers schedules to see who might possibly be there. I am so excited to be going to the Ryman for the Opry.
My wish would be a legend like:
Dolly or Loretta

Nita

Re: I can't wait to see who will be at the Grand Ole Opry for the rally!!

Hi Nita,

I am like you - tell us already! I looked at the schedule today and the days before and after are listed and our day (July 16) is blank :(

On a good note, sort of, I paid the balance due on our tickets today :) Waiting for the transportation invoice now. There's always some unexpected expense at a rally. Buses are my big one in Nashville.

See you soon!

Jim

rumaco

US Army Retired (CW4)

You might see Dolly but I believe Loretta Lynn has passed.

Leno

Loretta is alive and kicking!!

GETnBYE

Jim, I am sure it was a large expense, but I assure you until you have walked 18 blocks in downtown Nash. from your parking space you won't have any clue as to how good a deal it really is.
Rumaco, Loretta is very much alive, she is going to be there in June so I doubt she will be there again in July, but there's always hope.
Nita

Hi Nita,

I am like you - tell us already! I looked at the schedule today and the days before and after are listed and our day (July 16) is blank :(

On a good note, sort of, I paid the balance due on our tickets today :) Waiting for the transportation invoice now. There's always some unexpected expense at a rally. Buses are my big one in Nashville.

See you soon!

Jim

Well Heartlanders, tonight's Grand Ole Opry night.

• Where: The Opry Show will be held at the historic Ryman Auditorium - downtown
  • Showtime: Doors open at 6:30 pm and show time is 7 pm
  • Tickets: Your tickets are in a white envelope in your rally packets - you MUST bring them to the show to get in
  • Transportation: We have arranged for bus transportation to and from the show. Buses will arrive at 5:30 pm and leave at 5:45 pm. Buses will return to the KOA immediately following the show
  • Dress: Wear your Rally Shirts!

Show was super great, and buses were ready to load and go. Great job, Jim, organizing, checking, double checking to make sure all "ducks" were in their row. The Ryman is thick with history and tradition. And country music is not Jim's first choice of listening pleasure, but he really seemed to get into it tonight. He was even dropping $ is the trash container.

I have to echo what others have already said - the show was FANTASTIC. And as Tom mentioned, I am not much of a country music fan and I had a really nice time. Going to the Opry is like having a potluck dinner. You never know who will show up. A lot of people went nuts when Mary Chapin Carpenter showed up on stage to do a couple of songs before heading up to her own show later last night. Nice surprise.

Jim

The black one towing the cargo trailer? I snapped a front shot of it and all those around me started staring thinking I had seen someone, I guess. Kinda like staring up in the sky at nothing and watching those around you straining to see what you see!!!

jbeletti

Did anyone get a glimpse of Mel Tillis bus outside as we were leaving? Dang! That's one big Prevost.

Bill Sims spoke to him briefly outside as he was coming off the bus. A Heartland couple from MO chatted with him briefly in the lobby. I heard from both that Mel Tillis was very personable.

And that bus looked really cool. Would loved to have a tour of it :)