LCD TV not level

tf5598

Just took possession of a 2011 NT 32 BUDS. I noticed that the inside tv is off-level...slightly (1/2"), but enough to be a nuisance. I removed the back panel to see if I could make an adjustment, and noticed that only 3 of the 4 bolts/screws were installed. One of these 3 was cross-threaded so bad that I couldn't get it out with a normal screwdriver. I don't want to keep going at this screw and round it out so much that it will have to be cut out. Any ideas on how to remove this cross-threaded screw?

QA, are you tuned in to this?

Any advice is appreciated.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Assuming it's a round or pan head screw, gripping the sides of the head with a pair of Vise-Grips and trying to turn it is probably the only way to get it out. Even that risks snapping the head off the shank if it's really jammed in there.

jimtoo

HI tf5598,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and Family. We have a great bunch of people here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge if needed.

Sorry you found a problem like that, but you should not be to far from your dealer, judging from where you live. I would think your dealer can take care of the problem easily for you. Check out the rest of the unit, you probably had a rush PDI, and make notes and contact your dealer.

Enjoy the forum.

Jim M

RollingHome

Welcome to the HL forum and family my friend :) I'm sorry for your problem... but we all got em :) Thing is, with my last 2 different brand RV's I had more problems... here's a chance for you to get more familiar with your new rig... If you don't want to return to a dealer just do it yourself. Try a pair of pliers (Channel Locs, needle nose or lock jaws). It's a challenge and a pleasure when you win and you can win. Play the what if game... "what if, I were in a CG 2 years from now and I'm out of waranty.... What if". I just bought a new HL 3670 RL and I've had problems. I took it to the dealer once for the major stuff and now I'm doing the minor stuff... even though I could get it fixed for free it is my choice to do it myself. I like the challenge and I like getting to know my rig... I consider it part of RV'ing. So, if you're a sick demented person like me, give it a try and don't be afraid to ask us all for advice, They're are some really talented folks on this forum (like Allen, Jim Too, & Ray LeTourneo) and they will share what they know and really do their best to help you (and me). Enjoy your Rv and warm welcome to the HL family :). Tom

TF5598, at least your tv works ... :) My 32buds inside tv will turn on and work on the channel that it is on but via the remote or controls on the TV itself I can make no adjustments sound, channel, anything. All other electrical sems to work no issues.

I store away from my home and want to get all the tools I need before going over: How did you remove the back panel to get to the screws? Admittedly I have not looked at this extensively but any help appreciated. I hope to swap the inside out with the outside tv and contact Jensen to have the TV replace in warranty.

Thanks in advance!!!

tf5598

Mac,
There are four phillips screws on the back panel. If you plan on removing the unit, bring a pair of pliers or vice grips in case the same dude was working on yours at the factory.

It's interesting that your inside tv isn't working. If it was me, I'd be thinking operator error. But since there are two of them and you are able to operate the outside tv, something may well be wrong. I'm interested in hearing what Jensen has to say.

If this helps, our problem was forgetting the magic red button on the cable outlet that switches from antenna to cable. We went a day thinking our cable was bad, then remembered the magic red button.

Good luck. And btw, we have the same set-up (09, though),
Tim

Thanks for the info!!! I wish it was user error ... I forgot the Over the air booster button as well first night with cable as well. Inside TV went out on the last night we were out after having worked for 11 nights total.