Grey water tank valve not closing

BigBlue

BigBlue
My Grey water tank #1 (Galley tank) is not closing all the way. I've taken the plate off in the docking center and looked at the handle end and also opened the belly and looked at the valve end. They look OK, in fact I had the better half open and close it while I looked at the valve. Looks OK so I'm thinking that there is an adjustment on how far the valve gets pushed in. Does anybody know if there is and how do you adjust it?

trdeal

Past North Carolina Chapter Leader
On my Mt Rushmore ,at the valve, there is a set screw that holds the cable in place. The cable attaches to the valve. Lossen this set screw and you can slide the cable in or out as needed to fully close the valve.

BigBlue

BigBlue
I thought that was the way mine would be. The cable goes into an aluminun cylinder and the other end of the cylinder is attached to the valve shaft. I couldn't see any set screw on the side toward me and I couldn't feel any set screw on the back side. That's why I decided to ask the group.

trdeal

Past North Carolina Chapter Leader
If I remember correctly, I turned the shaft towards me so I could see the screw.I loosened the screw, and pushed the valve all the way in, then I pushed the cable up into the cylinder as far as I could get it. It seemed to work.

Last edited: