4 Door Dometic Problem

sdagro

We have a 2011 3670RL. Took delivery on April 22, 2010. First 2 weeks refigerator worked fine. Then noticed upper right door on freezer was freezing up near the front. Brought it in and a new gasket was ordered. The next day I noticed that the refrig.door on the bottom right had a severely deformed gasket. it was like it got hot and became wavy and disfigured as well as the inside shelving on the door was disfigured and warped. New door and gasket were ordered and installed today. Got it home and temp was at 40 and went to 45 degrees. Also the freezer is like it still has an air leak as it is frosting up and has ice at the top next to the gasket. Anyone else having these problems. I await your replies. Thanks, Steve A. Dagro

Paul & Nan

We have the same freezing up problems, mostly on the right, but recently on the left some. The temp problems seem to be better since insulation was added to top of fridge and a deflector added so the fans did a better job. We also have water running out the bottom of fridge from condensation when it is humid. It seems that the hole for the water to drain out off the little clear plastic shelf in the back goes up hill, we all know water really does not do well running uphill. We have talked to Dometic, can get repairs done when we get home in August, even though the warranty is up by then. Nan

jbeletti

Re: 4 Door Dometic in my 2011 3670RL

Steve,

Your question is best asked of Customer Service directly at 877-262-8032. Kary, the Brand Manager for your Bighorn who gets the Bighorn factory posts, will not be able to make decisions for Customer Service.

Sorry about the issues you are having.

Jim

We have a 2011 Landmark with the 4-door fridge - just picked up a week ago. The left side of our freezer is frosting up on the top and the back. We've added insulation around the door and that doesn't seem to solve the problem. When you open the door there are beads of water on the top which shouldn't be there and anyway, as they are there I would expect that water to be ice.

KENNY COCHRAN

MCNEESE STATE COWBOYS #1
Google the dollar bill test on the door gasket. Something like, place a dollar bill in the door, sticking out enough to grab it. If it pulls out real easy, the gasket is not working and air is getting in. Get a new gasket or see if the door can be adjusted somehow.

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
One of the tricks I learned from a tech was to take some fiberglass batt insulation. Make 4 small balls about 1/4 inch. Stuff the balls behind the seal at each corner of the door. It's supposed to help "thicken" the seal. Might be worth a try.

Gary, the beads of water. Are they on the frame of the freezer compartment? If your fridge has climate control and it's not on, turn it on and that should eliminate the moisture on the frame around the compartment.