Front jacks in cyclone

We have a problem with the motor on the front jacks quitting.... DEAD !!! We know of another Cyclone and a Sundance with the same problem.... Is there anyone else out there with this problem?

jimtoo

Hi Gary,

We need more information about how or what happened when your jacks stopped working. Did you retract to far and blow fuse? Have you checked the fuse? Please give us a little more information.

I did delete the other post you made in the ATF area. You may only post the same question once.

I'm sure some others will chime in here with questions or answers also. But give us a little more information about how and when.

Jim M

mdavis

My Sundance did this the first time out, check near the Battery area in the wiring harness for a 30 amp blade fuse. It will be hid inside the plastic covering on the wiring.

gpshemi

On my Cyclone there seems to be a fuse molded into a pile of expanding foam just behind the battery going into the couch. I believe it goes to the front landing gear. I hope I never have to dig it out to tell though. Check that fuse too.

We were raising the jacks to hook-up the truck.. the switch has been acting up... you have to hit it a couple of times before it will start... well, anyway... it started to raise the unit and quit... We checked the fuse.... looked fine... have power going into the switch, and the motor sorta clicks now... Any thoughts?

Gary

mdavis

Sounds like you have a bad switch. If you have a volt meter, check your voltage going into the switch, then check the other side while the switch is operated. If the voltage is lower or not even on the meter, bad switch. Good luck

Barry

davelinde

My jacks were popping fuses and I assumed it was because I was carrying extra water (eg weight).
Then the extend quit altogether (while retract kept working). I assume the switch went bad.

What are people using as a replacement switch?