Door Gap in the bathroom

Seb

Hello, we acquired our fantastic BC3450 2011 last week, and we noticed that the bathroom room on the kitchen side has big gaps on the top and bottom 2-3 inch, it's a little annoying.
is this a defect or normal? If normal, why those two large gaps? Our old RV did not had that, and can that be replaced with a normal door with NO gaps or less of a gap from the manufacturer?
Thank you
Sébastien

wdk450

Sebastien:
Welcome to the Heartland Owners group! I would suggest that this defect is cause to use your warranty. I notice that you are in Canada, where it may be a long drive to the dealer. If working with your dealer is inconvenient, Heartland will authorize warranty service with any RV servicer you choose. You just have to call Heartland service and get authorization in advance.

Seb

Thank you, i will go to my dealer later on today to see other BC's and see if this is standard for the doors or a defects. Just seems weired that ther is such large gap's on top and bottom 2-3 inchs, who knows perhaps there is a reason..?

2010augusta

I don't know if it is the case with your trailer, but on ours the door swings under a light fixture, so the is a gap at the top of the door ,so it clears the light in the hallway.

Bighurt

I don't know if it is the case with your trailer, but on ours the door swings under a light fixture, so the is a gap at the top of the door ,so it clears the light in the hallway.

Our bathroom door has similar gaps for the same reason. Different line but none the less a possibility.

B

bwwalczak

Gaps on the top and bottom of the door are supposed to be there. There has to be some air return for the air conditioner or furnace. These gaps are per our RVIA building code.

Nothing wrong with these, it is designed that way.

srsawyer

In My trailer anyway there is also the gap at the top of the door to the bathroom. The bathroom is near the shower and the only space with a power vent. I am assuming that the gap is to allow the fan to evacuate the moisture from the shower with out needing the door open.

Seb

Excellent, that what i thought, bottom gap for cold air, top gap for warm air and shower humidity.. will simply have to get use to it not a huge deal... :)