2011 BC3500RL Microwave vs convection oven

cswarts

I have a 2011 BC 3500 RL with a microwave. I am wanting a convection oven instead. The dealership told me the whole cabinet would have to be replaced to get the convection oven in place of the microwave. We live in our full time and the heat from the oven is just too much during the summer and my wife loves to bake. Is this true or can I just order the convection oven that you put in and install it. Thank you for your help.

B

bwwalczak

Let us know what the last 6 numbers of your VIN are and we can let you know if an over the range convection microwave can be installed.

Some 2011 models did not have the "over the range" microwave. This wider "over the range" microwave is required to use our factory convection microwave.

cswarts

Sir here is our vin 129511. I am sorry it has taken so long to get back with everything going on. Please let us know thank you.

B

bwwalczak

Thank you for your reply. I can't seem to find that VIN in our system - there must be a number omitted.

All we need is the last 6 numbers on the VIN - you can find this long number on the sticker in the door frame or under the bedslide on the outside of the coach. Just the numbers after the "BE****** ".

Also include the build month and year - this will help us isolate the exact time it was built.

If you have the smaller Magic Chef style of microwave - installing a convection will become difficult becuase there are major cabinet differences.

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
We have an 08 BC and wanted to get a 1/2 time or convection but also ran into the same problem of the cabinet. Also we couldn't change out because there wasn't enough room behind the unit for the require spacing becuz of the heating - minimal spacing was over 2" which we didn't have. Bummer :(

cswarts

Ok, our VIN after the BE is 212951. Our build month and year are Nov. 2009.

We have a High Pointe Microwave installed right now. Thank you again for checking on this for me!

B

bwwalczak

We did not change the cabinets and the over the range microwave until January 2010. If you wanted to upgrade to a larger microwave, there would be some surgery to the cabinets. This will be tough, not impossible, just tough.

Last edited: