Kingpin

Phil Smith

Retired South Carolina Chapter Leader
If I buy an air ride Kingpin like the MorRyde or 5th Airborne, would all Bighorns take the same style/size or would I have to buy a different model if I purchased a new Bighorn at a later date. I don't want to spend the money on the kingpin if I sould be better served to buy an air hitch instead.

K

karykatz

We do use 2 different pin boxes depending on the size of the unit, however they both have the same bolt pattern. So which ever hitch you choose should be interchangeable if you decide to upgrade down the road. This is assuming we don't make any changes in the future. Thanks for the question and enjoy your Bighorn.

Wharton

It is my understanding that the kingpin resolves the chucking one encounters and the air hitch smooths the suspension. Two different problems. I would buy what you need to resolve your problem and not worry about the next trailer.

RollingHome

Phil, because you ae using a 2001 (classic) you can use just about any combo hitch & kingpin... If you switch to the NBS... lookout cause you cannot ! Hit me PM for more info, Tom

Last edited:

PSF513

PHIL: Just had a TriGlide installed on my BH today. What a difference! It has been a great improvement so far (about 330 miles worth)