Poor / broken fm aerial lead in

beardedone

Beardedone
My next issue to fix is the lead in to our Samsung entertainment centre. The stubby aerial coming out of the back is about 20 cm long (8" ?) and mates with the aerial lead in. I took out the unit to look at, which is a pain because I have to take the door off, and observed that all the wire is crammed into the back because the cabinet is a little shy on depth to properly accommodate it. The wire on the stubby was broken so I soldered it up but it still doesn't work well. If I hold it up straight then it will receive very well. I cannot find the exact location that is causing the problem. I think I need to get a replacement stubby lead- in from the Samsung and then shorten the aerial lead. Does anyone know where to get the stubby wire? Has anyone else had a similar issue and if so how did you fix it?

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
This type of problem surfaced some time ago. The fix for better reception was to connect the Samsung to the main roof antenna via a 75-ohm splitter on the TV cable connection. Go to Radio Shack and get a 90-deg. coax connector to attach the cable to the Samsung and it will fit right in without stressing the cable. The FM antenna on my rig was connected by what looked like a homemade adapter since the antenna had a different plug than the Samsung. Before I did the change, I could barely get a station, now the entire band works.

beardedone

Beardedone
Hi. I'm back. Still same problem. Bought the splitter and 90 degree connector and hooked it up with RG 6 directly to the back of the Samsung unit and nothing. I must be doing something wrong but gosh only knows what. Also 3 of the 6 speaker wires were disconnected so I plugged them in (maybe there is something wrong in doing that. Do we have any other ideas.

thanks again

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Connecting to the TV cable via the splitter should have done the trick without doing anything else. Is your TV amplifier on and the antenna up?