campgrounds near Philadelphia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jim & Harriet

hi all,
looking for a campground within an hour's drive west of Philadelphia.
I've had several suggested and looked at reviews but would like some
info from someone who has actually stayed in some of the cg's. We
have stayed at the KOA in West Chester - but it is a bit hilly. Looking
for full hook-up + cable and wifi (important for me :)
thanks for your help.

Not sure on how far from Philly it is, but the chapter just had our rally at Spring Gulch and it comes highly recommended. I am sure others who were there will be able to fill in your blanks and questions. If not, I will check back in a bit.

RollingHome

J&H, Roamers Retreat on RT 30 has been used by other forum members (Clark from NC) recently and thought it was OK. Also, Spring Gulch as mentioned is OK... Both places are country and have the country mentality... translated... what hurry, are you in a hurry, how come ? Don't get the impression they are slow and dumb... they just have learned before us how we ought to do it... I would suggest either place. Another place which I have rode through is Yogi Bears Jellystone Park in Quarryville... Lot's of stuff to do. I would not stay there because I'm cheap and they charge too much... sorry, I say it like it is :). My suggestion book at Roamers 2 nights and check out the others. Either place is only a hour and a half from your son in Philly...Ya need any help give a holler and welcome to our neck of the woods, have fun :) Tom

Status
Not open for further replies.