Slide won't go out completely - Different cure

beardedone

Beardedone
Well I have had trouble with my kitchen slide for a year now. It quit going out all the way and just rocked back and forth. I tried the usual owner attempts by adding oil and reading up and trying to adjust myself, all to no avail. The tech came out from Rocky Mountain House yesterday to repair the torn floor sweeps and he did a super job which far exceeds the norm. That sucker will not leak or cause a draft anymore. On to the rocking slide. The tech tried a few things at the campground but nothing worked. I took it to his shop where he could use air tools to take things apart because it was possible the gears had jumped out of position. That wasn't all the problem as it now slid squarely but the top wouldn't come out. So he adjusted the slide out awning by taking a couple of wraps off the awning and guess what, it works properly ! He did some very good work for me and his rates were extremely reasonable, coming in less than what I estimated. If you ever need something fixed at Rocky Mountain House, Alberta (maybe on your way to Alaska) you can count on Westend RV in Rocky Mtn. House. So if your slide won't go all the way out remember to check the slide awning!:D

noobee

Well I have had trouble with my kitchen slide for a year now. It quit going out all the way and just rocked back and forth. I tried the usual owner attempts by adding oil and reading up and trying to adjust myself, all to no avail. The tech came out from Rocky Mountain House yesterday to repair the torn floor sweeps and he did a super job which far exceeds the norm. That sucker will not leak or cause a draft anymore. On to the rocking slide. The tech tried a few things at the campground but nothing worked. I took it to his shop where he could use air tools to take things apart because it was possible the gears had jumped out of position. That wasn't all the problem as it now slid squarely but the top wouldn't come out. So he adjusted the slide out awning by taking a couple of wraps off the awning and guess what, it works properly ! He did some very good work for me and his rates were extremely reasonable, coming in less than what I estimated. If you ever need something fixed at Rocky Mountain House, Alberta (maybe on your way to Alaska) you can count on Westend RV in Rocky Mtn. House. So if your slide won't go all the way out remember to check the slide awning!:D

Please add your comments re Westend here: http://rvservicereviews.com/Index.asp

CS