Outside Range Hood Vent Cover

Does anybody know where I can get a replacement flapper for my vent cover its made of plastic and one of the tabs broke off that it pivots on. I have found the whole unit at my local parts shop but they are very proud of it and are asking a lot of money for it. I dont even have a part # for it...but it has two tabs at the bottom for securing it when traveling.
I have a 2008 3010tds its the tow trailer model not a 5th wheel. Any help with this would be greatly appreciated...even the name of the manufacturer would be great maybe I could contact them for a replacement

Thanks, Tom

cjhicks

Call Heartland Parts Dept and they should be able to send you one. I had mine replaced under warranty but have had to get some other parts from Heartland and they are very easy to deal with.

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
I had the same problem with the little tab/pin breaking off. I used a small nipper and trimmed off a bit more plastic. Then, using a small finishing nail as the pin, I taped the nail to the corner using aluminum flashing tape. Sorry, I have no pictures but I guess I could take one later this morning. It's been hanging in there for a few years now. (No pun intended) Key thing to remember is to lock it closed before traveling.

TXBobcat

Fulltime
We also had the same problem. I went to a local RV store and purchased a new one and installed it. It is not expensive and pretty easy to replace.

This is another one of those things it would have been nice to have had a vent that had a way to lock and unlock the flap from the inside. Only problem, I have never seen one at any RV store.

BC