Towing question on 2011 3300RLB

JakeB

Hello everyone,

My wife and I have a 2008 Sundance 3300BHS now. Last week we was at a dealer getting parts when we looked at this new 2011 Sundance 3300RLB floorplan and my kid and daughter and me fell in love with it right away. I talked with the owner directly and seen if there was any trading could be done and he cut us a great deal on it. My question is, my truck is a 2008 Dodge 2500 4x4 quad cab long bed. Its a 6.7 Cummins diesel with a 6 speed manual transmission. I have a 3.42 rearend in truck and I know its kinda low for towing but in my towing manual it states I can handle 11700 #. The trailer weighs in at 10346 exactly with battery and both propane tanks full. Do you think that truck will handle this trailer? I think its gonna be fine but I always get opinions from others. Any insight would be greatly appreciated!

Bighurt

Re: Towoing question on 2011 3300RLB

When sizing a TV for towing the Gross weight of the trailer (dry weight plus load), and the pin weight are the biggest determining factor. I don't have the specs on the 2500 dodge but my rear axle is pretty close to maxed out with my rig. With full water there is a little more on the rear axle. Our last trip I filled the water tank at the destination and loaded the rear room with all the kids toys. The offset weight minus the 400+ lbs of water made a big difference.

I wouldn't hesitate to pull with the 6.7 but I would be prepared for a potential TV upgrade.

We are already looking at upgrading our TV, F550...here we come....

Cheers