Happy Fathers Day

trdeal

Past North Carolina Chapter Leader
Renee and I would like to wish all the fathers on the Heartland Owners forum a very Happy Fathers Day.Enjoy your day guys and Let's Go Camping!

imchud

Right back at ya Terry... Spent the day with my Kids, and better yet, my 5 grand Kids. It doesn't get much better then that.

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
Spent the day laying 16x16 pavers with my middle son. Didn't get a lot of work done (too darn hot), but had some quality father/son time!

jimtoo

We had a great Fathers Day. Our oldest Granddaughter announced to us on Saturday that she is going to make us GREAT GRANDPARENTS in Feb 2011. She had just found out the day before.
I told her we were already great grandparents, she agreed, but said this was a little different.:D

Jim M

trdeal

We had a great Fathers Day. Our oldest Granddaughter announced to us on Saturday that she is going to make us GREAT GRANDPARENTS in Feb 2011. She had just found out the day before.
I told her we were already great grandparents, she agreed, but said this was a little different.:D

Jim M
Congratuations Jim. That is great news.

jayc

Texas-South Chapter Leaders
Wow Jim, Great Grandparents? Does that make you feel older? LOL

Congrats Buddy!

Jerry Nelms

Traveler
You know sometimes we seem to spend so much time worrying about the little things in life we forget what blessings we may experience. I had a great Father's Day with son and daughter. We all spent time with my Dad. For almost a year now we have been contending with Alzhimer's Dementia with my Dad. I went to his home this weekend expecting it to the last Father's Day he may remember. We all went to lunch with him, including Mom and my brother and sister. He hadn't seen me for a while and it was obvious he was attempting to out together who I was even though he was calling me by name. As the day went on we begin he and I begin to talk and he was still attempting to put things together. It got to be time to leave and we begin saying our good byes. He had said good bye and I was about to leave when he stopped me. He called me by name and wrapped his arms around me with tears in his eyes and it was then that I realized he truly knew who I was. We held each other a few minutes as he cried and he said good bye and asked me to take care and be careful as we traveled home. This was the first time he a truly remebered who I was in more than 5 months. Needless to say, this was one Father's Day that I will never forget and I think God for the gift of this opportunity to once again to hold my Dad as truly Father & Son. This was a God sent Father's Day gift that can never be replaced.

trdeal

You know sometimes we seem to spend so much time worrying about the little things in life we forget what blessings we may experience. I had a great Father's Day with son and daughter. We all spent time with my Dad. For almost a year now we have been contending with Alzhimer's Dementia with my Dad. I went to his home this weekend expecting it to the last Father's Day he may remember. We all went to lunch with him, including Mom and my brother and sister. He hadn't seen me for a while and it was obvious he was attempting to out together who I was even though he was calling me by name. As the day went on we begin he and I begin to talk and he was still attempting to put things together. It got to be time to leave and we begin saying our good byes. He had said good bye and I was about to leave when he stopped me. He called me by name and wrapped his arms around me with tears in his eyes and it was then that I realized he truly knew who I was. We held each other a few minutes as he cried and he said good bye and asked me to take care and be careful as we traveled home. This was the first time he a truly remebered who I was in more than 5 months. Needless to say, this was one Father's Day that I will never forget and I think God for the gift of this opportunity to once again to hold my Dad as truly Father & Son. This was a God sent Father's Day gift that can never be replaced.
Wow Jerry.What a Blessing God gave you.What a great Father's day present.I know you will always remember that moment.We are very glad you got to experience this precious moment with your dad.

imchud

WOW... What a great Fathers Day... I really puts everything in perspective.

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member

I can relate to what you are going throught. I lost my Dad 3 years ago to Alzheimer. It was very hard in the late stages when he didn't know anyone. Sadly he did not even know when my mother died a couple of years before him. Be careful and keep your eye on him. My Dad got to a point he had to be locked up in a Alzheimer ward at the nursing home as he would wander. You were blessed with the knowledge he knew you. May God watch over your father.