rear door on 3200RBH...wrong one?

jarebe

Does anyone else have this problem?The rear exterior door at the bunk beds seems to be the wrong one. The door frame is only half as thick as the camper walls .Therefor you can see the aluminum framing of the camper.I looked at other brands with this door and their door frame comes flush with the interior wall.It seems like Sundance used a door frame that was too skinny for these walls.I haven't been able to look at another Sundance with this door thats why I'm asking if anyone else has this problem..Heartland is dragging their feet on an answer and my dealer just keeps brushing off the issue.Can someone post pictures of their rear door frame so I can compare it to mine please. Thanks.

RickNB

Hi jareb

Is the door itself thin like say one of your storage area doors or is it just the frame to the door ? Sorry I cant help but I dont have a BH to compare to.

Rick

fireflipper

EX-Travel Bug
fireflipper

Jarebe
I will be at a dealer that may have a Sundance on the lot next monday. I will try and take a look see for you. If not, and I can get my old brain to remember, I will try and look at one while I am in Elkhart at the end of next week. I hope I can help.

Just to let you know I also have a 3200rbh and I have the same problem as you. I think that it is just how they built them. I was thinking of asking if they can insulate and put trim around this area like you would around a window in a house.

fireflipper

EX-Travel Bug
fireflipper

Jarebe
Well I did not forget you. I was at the plant on monday, but could not get into any units to look at the doors. I was told by one of the workers that the door should be all the same, an not look like something is missing. Check with your dealer or send some pics to Scott via e-mail, maybe some pieces were left off.

RugRat

I checked mine and the door is flush with the walls. The only thing I did notice is up under the valance they do not have any insulation or molding and there is a gap, but this is only visible if you look up under the valance. Otherwise, everything looks flush and normal.

jarebe

I have been in contact with Heartland,and sent them pictures of the door frame, then they wanted me to send pictures of the outside.That was almost two weeks ago and I still haven't heard anything.
I'm sure not getting the same good feeling about the quality and customer service on these units as some other folks on here have talked about.
I can't believe the Q.C. department would let a unit go out looking like this then not be worried about when the customer starts asking questions.
Fireflipper-who is scott and do you think he may be able to help me.Thanks.

jpmorgan37

jarebe;
Scott is one of the owners. Put your question in ask the factory. That's what Scott reads and you will get a response.
John

JJAK17

I just purchased a 3200RBH and I did forget to look at the one on my unit. Did anybody get an aswer for this "problem"?

jarebe

JJAK17,
I did get some replies finally from the factory,They said this is the only door they use and they finish it off with some vniyl trim.They said other manufacturers do the same thing.
We've been to several rv shows this year and I didn't see any other unit that used a door frame that was too narrow for the walls.Every one we looked at the frame was flush with the inside wall.( I asked heartland to give me the names of the other ones that do it so I could look at them but they never did)
Heartland did send me the vinyl trim which they supposedly use, along with a tube of adhesive.It's a joke!
It looks like the foam tape you would put on top of the bed rails of a pickup truck before you put a cap on.I'm not even going to try to use it.
I guess I'm on my own now so I am going to come up with some kind of tirm or molding which will make it look like it was supposed to be that way instead of covering it with cheap foam tape.
When I get it done I will post some pictures.