PDA

View Full Version : EVENT: Heartland Chapter Rally: WI, Lake Delton - 8/12/2011 to 8/14/2011

tweber
06-19-2010, 09:13 PM
S1633 Hwy 23, Lake Delton, WI 53940
Venue:
------------------------------

Country Roads Motor Home & RV Park
S1633 Hwy 23
Lake Delton, WI 53940
Terri Lynn 608-253-2132
www.4countryroads.com (http://www4countryroads.com)
Pets ok?: Yes
Pet Fee: $0
WiFi available: Yes
WiFi Fee: $0

Details:

Number of sites held: 15
Site fee: $$35 per night.
Club Member Event fee: $0 Per Person
Potluck: Yes
Potluck date: 8/13/2011
Potluck time: 05:00

Event Leader: Tom Weber(click to contact) (//heartlandowners.org/private.php?do=newpm&u=542)

Additional Info:
The WI rally is August 12 - 14, 2011, because the Heartland national rally is in mid June. The food drive conducted at the 2010 WI rally was very successful, and a second food drive will be included in the 2011 WI rally activities. Please fell free to suggest an activity or event for our rally. If you have an opportunity to obtain a door prize for the WI rally please jump at the chance and bring the item to the 2011 rally. Your help obtaining door prizes is greatly appreciated. Safe and happy travels to all.

Ray LeTourneau
06-20-2010, 09:14 AM
I'll have to remember the pot luck is at 5 PM this time. I'm still eating leftover beans. :-)

Saukville Bob
07-26-2010, 09:03 PM
Tom

When will Country Roads start tacking reservations for the 2011 Wisconsin rally?

Ray I'm glad I'm not hanging around you with the beans. Poor Lin!

Saukville Bob

tweber
07-26-2010, 09:18 PM
I think they would take them know, but I will contact Terri Lynn at Country Roads to determine when reservations for our 2011 can be made. Thanks for the heads up on the time to make reservations, Bob.

Doolymax
08-02-2010, 02:32 PM
Keep me posted too when reservations for 2011 can be made.

tweber
08-02-2010, 08:40 PM
I received a message from Terri Lynn at Country Roads, and reservations for the 2011 WI State Rally can be made at any time. She has the system up and running.

Country Roads Motorhome & RV Park
608-253-2132
www.4countryroads.com

ALF
09-13-2010, 08:09 PM
Left a message for reservations.We are in!!! Paul says no wine till after 7:00pm. Who is he kidding!!!!!!!!! It will be wine and cheese at our place Friday afternoon.
Can't wait for next year to start.

tweber
09-13-2010, 08:20 PM
Thanks, Sue. You are the very first to register for the rally. Wine and cheese at your place Friday afternoon. You are on!!!

Herbiesrig
10-08-2010, 08:02 PM
Thank You..... Just new to this Heartland RV Club, and just wondering if it is open to Landmark owners also... I see alot of Big Horns on forum?

We are in Upper Peninsula of Michigan and we will travel.

jmgratz
10-08-2010, 08:15 PM
Yes it is. We own a Landmark too. There is a Landmark section of the Forum too. There is much information that applies to all of the Heartland makes on the Forum. Explore around.

jimtoo
10-08-2010, 08:17 PM
Hi Herbiesrig,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and Family. We have a great bunch of people here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge if needed.

You are welcome to any part of the forum. On the front page, "portal page" or "front page", you can click on any of the pictures to be taken to that specific brands forum. You can participate in any of the threads. The only one that will not post as soon as you enter it is the "Ask The Factory" threads,,,, they are moderated.

Enjoy the forum and your Landmark.

Jim M

tweber
10-08-2010, 08:24 PM
Herbiesrig, You are very welcome to join our group, and the Heartland product you have does not make a difference. We like them all. If you would like to register for the 2011 WI rally use the contact info found at the start of this thread. Also, be sure to consider joining the Heartland Owners Club. You can get all the info on the club by clicking on Owners Club tab at the top of the page. The Owners Club has a number of positive benefits. If you have any questions send them my way and I will try to help, tank67tommy@gmail.com. Happy and safe camping.

cookie
10-08-2010, 09:21 PM
Herbiesrig, welcome. If you like to travel then you should consider making some chapter rallies. WI would be a good one as well as MI.
I see you are in the UP aye? We have been to three MI rallies. We try and make as many as we can in one season. Six Heartland rallies this year. Our friends from Erie PA have made, I believe seven. So you see they can be fun.
Hitch up that Landmark next summer and we will see you at some rally. Be sure to check out the June Goshen rally.

Peace
Dave

Herbiesrig
10-10-2010, 09:04 AM
Thanks everyone for the info and I have to get use to following the Blogs and forums.. Dan and I are going to sign up for the Owners Club and a chapter or 2.. We winter in Texas, and spring and summer at our home in the UP of Michigan..

cookie
12-02-2010, 07:45 PM
Left a message for reservations.We are in!!! Paul says no wine till after 7:00pm. Who is he kidding!!!!!!!!! It will be wine and cheese at our place Friday afternoon.
Can't wait for next year to start.
Sue remember.......technically, afternoon is 12:01. No sense waiting too long for the festivities to begin.
7:00?????.......who is he kidding!
Our res is in.

Peace
Dave

ALF
12-05-2010, 05:47 PM
Sue remember.......technically, afternoon is 12:01. No sense waiting too long for the festivities to begin.
7:00?????.......who is he kidding!
Our res is in.

Peace
Dave

You are correct...12:01 it is. He is sadly mistaken if he thinks we will wait until 7:00. He knows better...besides I could make him wait till then for his beer!
Looking forward to the rally already!

jmgratz
12-05-2010, 08:38 PM
And always remember "It's 5 o'clock somewhere".:)

tweber
03-31-2011, 07:11 PM
The WI rally is "only" 4+ months away, but it is not too early to register. In fact we have a total of 10 units, including Gerry & me, already registered. Paul and Sue Alfano (Alf) were the first to register. Those that followed are Bob & Lynn Schmid (Saukville Bob), Jerry & Karen Vredeveld (JerryV), Jim & Jan Quella, Dave & Mary Hromek (Cookie), Mike and Chris Born (born2roam), Reg and Nancy Hromek (Convert), Jerry & Jaci Volden (jnv), and Larry & JoAnn McCullen. Fifteen sites are being held, but the earlier you register the easier it will be to add additional sites when they are needed. So, please consider registering ASAP. By the way, Jim B., have you made the call to 608-253-2132? If not, what is the delay?

Heartland, Goshen Rally Heads Up: Those of you attending the Goshen rally please mark you calendar for the WI Pot Luck Meet & Greet. On Wednesday, June 15, Gerry and I will holding the WI Pot Luck Meet & Greet on site 408. A formal invitation with detailed information will be sent out to the WI and MN members at a later date. Wednesday, June 15, is currently an open evening on the Heartland rally schedule, so consider joining us for a great time. Maybe Alf will start to warm up his grilling skills so he is ready for the WI rally. What do you say, Paul?

ALF
03-31-2011, 08:09 PM
......Maybe Alf will start to warm up his grilling skills so he is ready for the WI rally. What do you say, Paul?

What are we cooking so that I can start warming up my grilling techniques! I am all in for helping where needed!

Saukville Bob
04-01-2011, 05:37 AM
Tom
I believe you have made a “GREAT” choice in having ALF be the "Grill Master". There is no better pleasure in life than to sit around the grill, with a cold one in hand, and watch Alf do his magic over a hot grill. I am always amazed at his technique and control of the situation. He is an artist at the grill. His grilled pizza was the best I have ever had.
Saukville Bob

tweber
04-04-2011, 02:07 PM
WI Chapter Rally Update: Thank you for contacting me regarding registration for the August 12 -14 rally. We now have 12 rigs officially registered, and waiting for Jim B. to be number 13. Here is the list of those registered for the August 12 - 14 WI rally. If there is an error, or you registered and are not on the list, please contact me ASAP. Tom/Gerry Weber, Paul/Sue Alfano, Bob/Lynn Schmid, Mike/Chris Born, Jerry/Karen Vredeveld, Jim/Jan Quella, Dave/Mary Hromek, Larry/JoAnn McCullen, Reg/Nancy Hromek, Jerry/Jaci Volend, Michael Numberick, and Bruce Bishop. There are only 2 sites being held open for our rally, and when I spoke to Terri Lynn at Country Roads on Sunday, April 03, I was informed that our chances of getting more sites is currently not looking too promising. So, if you are planing on joining the WI group at Country Roads Motor Home & RV Park please make your reservations ASAP. Call 608-253-2132 to make your reservation, and after making reservations please send me a message confirming your rally reservation. Happy travels to all.

jbeletti
04-04-2011, 03:56 PM
What's up Wisconsin! Always wanted to say that :)

Okay, Tom rode me pretty hard so I decided to get him off my back :) Spoke to Terry today, she's feeling better but still under the weather. She placed me on rally site 37. I am arriving on 12-Aug. Sorry I can't get there sooner. I'll be there for 5 nights.

See y'all in Wisconsin and many of you in Goshen and parts in between, before August.

Jim

Ray LeTourneau
04-06-2011, 09:20 AM
I think Jim B and I have taken the last 2 available sites. So sad... Tom, we may have to look for a park with more availability in the future?? How big is Walmart's lot?

tweber
04-06-2011, 03:49 PM
Actually Jim B. and Ray reserved the the 13th and 14th sites respectively. There is 1 site still available. Fifteen sites were reserved, and that is and increase of 5 over the previous year. There still may be other sites available at Country Roads. Any one interested in attending the WI Chapter rally call Terri Lynn, 608-253-2132, make your reservation and then send me a message so I can add you to the rally group. I have to keep an accurate list of those attending for Grill Master Paul. Happy travels to all.

cookie
04-06-2011, 06:12 PM
What time is pot luck???

Peace
Dave

Ray LeTourneau
04-07-2011, 09:45 AM
What time is pot luck???

Peace
Dave
It runs Friday evening through Sunday afternoon.:D

tweber
04-07-2011, 04:39 PM
Ray is correct. The "pot luck" does run Friday through Sunday afternoon. However, the Grill Master"s feast will begin at 5:00 P.M. (1700 hours). If anyone has contacts that can be used to obtain door prizes, please consider helping out our WI Chapter, and try to obtain door prizes for our rally. The dealer from whom you purchased your Heartland unit may be willing to donate items to be used as door prizes. Please consider asking. Thank you.

tweber
04-09-2011, 06:42 PM
Rumor or not a Rumor? I received word that ALF may now be 1Grill Mater, and that is not all. Saukville Bob may be changing to Grill Master Apprentice. The news is always amazing. Go for it.

Ray LeTourneau
04-09-2011, 11:12 PM
Who is coming in on Thursday? Tom, do you know if Country Roads has a large covered grill? I was thinking of doing some chicken wings as a Thursday afternoon snack.

Saukville Bob
04-10-2011, 06:20 AM
I accept the challenge! It will be an honor and a privilege to apprentice under the “GREAT ONE”. It is not every day that Grill Master Alf will share his vast knowledge and skills. I will have to resurrect the humble cooking skills I learned many years ago working at the Big Boy restaurant in West Allis.

Saukville Bob
04-10-2011, 06:25 AM
Ray
We will be there on Thursday. We have a Weber 18” table top charcoal grill. Do you want us to bring it?

Ray LeTourneau
04-10-2011, 06:59 AM
Ray
We will be there on Thursday. We have a Weber 18” table top charcoal grill. Do you want us to bring it?
I have a Weber Q but the racks for the wings won't fit under the lid. I need a normal sized grill, either gas or charcoal (best option). I have an old Weber kettle I could bring if I can get the legs off. If the campground has a grill we'll be fine. Thanks for the offer though...

cookie
04-10-2011, 07:38 AM
We will be there on Wednesday. Wings sound good. Lemme know if you need any grilling stuff.
I'll hold your beer while you set everything up.

Peace
Dave

ALF
04-10-2011, 06:34 PM
Rumor or not a Rumor? I received word that ALF may now be 1Grill Mater, and that is not all. Saukville Bob may be changing to Grill Master Apprentice. The news is always amazing. Go for it.

Yes....it is not a rumor. The "Grill Master" has accepted the challenge and welcomes Saukville Bob as Grill Master Apprentice! He always needs someone to do his fetching.

ALF
04-10-2011, 06:40 PM
Who is coming in on Thursday? Tom, do you know if Country Roads has a large covered grill? I was thinking of doing some chicken wings as a Thursday afternoon snack.

We should be there on on Thursday for sure...possibly Wednesday. Wings sound great!

tweber
04-10-2011, 08:06 PM
Thanks, Ray. Chicken on Thursday is a great idea. Yes, Country Roads does have a large covered propane grill. It is in the shelter, and we use it to prepare the pot luck meat. It is not too easy to move great distances. I would have to check with Terri Lynn to clear using it on Thursday.

Saukville Bob
04-10-2011, 09:36 PM
Today I attended my first grilling lesson given by the “Grill Master” Alf. We did not even fire up the grill for the lesson. Today I learned the number one “Most Important” thing to keep the Grill Master happy. Have plenty of beer and make sure it is cold. This grill training is going to be tough! I will do my best to not disappoint any of the Wisconsin HOC members.

tweber
04-28-2011, 12:51 PM
WI Chapter Rally Update: Fifteen rigs have registered for the August 12 - 14 rally @ Country Roads, Lake Delton. Three rigs are from MI, but Dan & Kathy Halverson are official WI Chapter members. Any one still interested in attending the rally should give Terri Lynn a call, 608-253-2132, ASAP. The number of rigs has increased about 50% over 2010, and 100% since 2009. That is outstanding. Gerry and I are looking into group rates for Dells boat rides and Dells duck rides. If any one has suggestions for other activities please email us so we can investigate them, tank67tommy@gmail.com. Happy camping and travel safe.

GOTTOYS
05-03-2011, 03:50 PM
I just signed up for the rally. We're coming in on Thursday. They weren't sure if I would get a spot among the other Heartlanders or not, but she said we would have a spot somewhere. I might have to defect away from the Iowa Chapter if this is too much fun....Don

Ray LeTourneau
05-03-2011, 04:42 PM
Don, good to hear you'll be at our Wisconsin Rally. Don't think of it as defecting from Iowa, lets just call it expanding your horizons.

tweber
05-03-2011, 07:03 PM
Welcome Don & Kathy to the WI Chapter of the HOC. Glad you were able to contact Terri Lynn and make your reservation for the WI Rally, June 12 - 14. You are not the only Gophers attending the rally. John & Sue Younger are also from MN, and they will be at the WI rally, too. I can assure you that, as Ray describe it, "expanding your horizon" will be easily accomplished. We are looking forward to meeting you in Goshen. Again, welcome to the WI Chapter.

tweber
05-07-2011, 07:36 PM
Gerry and I are currently spending a few days at Country Roads Motor Home & RV Park. We will be meeting with Terri Lynn to go over plans for our WI Chapter rally in August. For example, there has to be enough fire wood on hand so Grill Master Alf can prepare his famous "Like the Indians Done It" Pizzas. We also want to look into group rates for a number of different Dells attractions, suck as the Original Ducks or the Upper/Lower Boat Rides. If any one else has a suggestion for a Dells attraction please let me know and we will check it out and report back. Happy camping to all.

tweber
05-12-2011, 09:28 PM
Gerry and I received a number of messages asking who is attending the WI Chapter Rally, August 12 - 14. I am happy to report there are 19 rigs registered for the rally. Here is the roll call - Paul Alfano, Bob Schmid, Mike Born, Jerry Vredeveld, Jim Quella, Dave Hromek, Larry McCullen, Reg Hromek, Jerry Volden, Michael Numerick, Bruce Bishop, Jim Beletti, Ray LeTourneau, Dan Halverson, Don Swanson, Craig McKeever, Pete Peterson, and Tom Weber. Information will be sent soon requesting your input for a Saturday activity. Please watch for it. If you are attending the National Heartland Rally and plan on attending the WI Chapter Meet & Greet Pot Luck, but have not notified us of you intention, please send us an email stating you will be attending the Meet & Greet, Wednesday, June 15 at 5:00 at site # 408. So far there ate 14 rigs planning on attending. Happy camping to all.

d9o6dge
05-17-2011, 02:12 AM
We will like to attend .minnesota Just got a big horn montana havin fun .... we are little -- moving up ... We've liked --big horn -- and love are's . we want to see Every - body else's .........Trailer ........ it's so exciting to have are own !@#$%^&*()_++_)(*&^%$#@!~!@#$%^&*()_+ we have'n fun .....

d9o6dge
05-17-2011, 04:05 AM
I Wish to attend ( we wish to attend with are Heartland -big-horn 3670 ..we just bought yahoooo we got it !!!! love it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 2007 dreamed of it -- finnally -- got it ....contact us please !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ray LeTourneau
05-17-2011, 07:36 AM
I Wish to attend .. okay 29 years married -- we wish to attend with are Heartland -big-horn 3670 ..we just bought yahoooo we got it !!!! love it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 2007 dreamed of it -- finnally -- got it ....contact us please !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Hello There! Please contact Country Roads resort at their website to make your reservation. www.4countryroads.com (http://www4countryroads.com/)
Do you own a Bighorn now?

tweber
07-01-2011, 03:09 PM
WI RALLY UPDATES - WI Chapter T - Shirts: Twelve T - Shirts have been ordered. Thank you to those of you responding so fast. Shirts are $11, but there is an additional charge for 2XL - @1.75, and 3XL - $3.00 Remember the deadline for ordering your WI Chapter HOC shirts is Friday,July 15. Please send me your orders ASAP tank67tommy@gmail.com.
Upper Dells Boat Ride, Saturday, August 13, 11:00 pick up: Again your response has been great. There are 12 people registered for the boat trip. Please let us know if you you would like to go on the boat ride tank67tommy@gmail.com. Cost is $37 per couple, and transportation to and from Country Roads is provided by the Original Ducks. (Not the kind with feathers, JerryV)

DW_Gray
07-15-2011, 08:24 AM
Good news. Amy and I will see you all at the rally.

tweber
07-15-2011, 09:41 AM
Great news. Glad you can make it. I hope you join us on the Heartland Mid Day Upper Dells Scenic Cruise. See you soon

mnkamper
07-15-2011, 11:23 AM
Guess Kathy and I will need to send you a 8 1/2 X 12 glossy that you can put on a easel (or nail on a bldg.) so that you know we're thinking about all the fun we're missing at the WI rally!

tweber
07-15-2011, 11:50 AM
mnKamper - Tom & Kathy, you will never be forgotten just missed. The MN people add much to the party. Travel safe & happy camping.

tweber
07-19-2011, 07:43 PM
For the second year in a row the WI Chapter of the Heartland Owners Club is sponsoring a food drive the weekend of the rally, August 12 - 14. Non perishable food items will be donated to the Lake Delton Community Service Group. Last year our chapter collected over 45lbs of food. Please consider donating at least 2 non perishable food items to this cause. Thank you for your support.

tweber
08-01-2011, 11:41 AM
WHO IS ATTENDING THE WI CHAPTER RALLY AUGUST 12-14?
Attendees may consider posting what dish they are bringing to the Pot Luck Feast, Saturday, August 13th at 05:00. Duplication of dishes may be avoided.

Dave/Amy Gray(FL), Pete/Mary Peterson, Steve/Diane Peters, Jack/Sue Younger, Craig/Linda McKeever, Don/Kathy Swanson, Dan/Karen Halverson, Ray/Lin LeTourneau, Jim/Nancy Beletti, Bruce/Rosemary Bishop, Mike/Linda Numerick(MI), Jim/Wilma Lamont, Jerry/Jaci Volden, Reg/Nancy Hromek, Jim/Jan Quella, Jerry/Karen Vredeveld, Mike/Chris Born, Larry/JoAnn McCullen(MI), Bob/Lynn Schmid, Paul/Sue Alfano, Dave/Mary Hromek

Please don't forget about the food drive. Items may be dropped off at site 12 by Sunday morning.

Gerry & I are looking forward to seeing everyone in 12 days. Have a safe trip to Country Roads.

cookie
08-01-2011, 02:42 PM
Tom, Mary said she is going to bring the blue dish with the gold trim that she got from her mother. :D:D:D

Peace
Dave

DW_Gray
08-01-2011, 03:17 PM
Amy says she'll make Watermelon Summer Salad.

jnv
08-02-2011, 10:25 AM
We'll be bringing a shrimp pasta salad.

ALF
08-02-2011, 08:38 PM
Tom, Mary said she is going to bring the blue dish with the gold trim that she got from her mother. :D:D:D

Peace
Dave

In that case...I will bring my dish Sue with a bottle of Red wine!

ALF
08-02-2011, 08:45 PM
Attendees may consider posting what dish they are bringing to the Pot Luck Feast, Saturday, August 13th at 05:00.

Sue will bring a pickle and relish tray. As well as the wine.

cookie
08-02-2011, 08:50 PM
Tom, what are we having for the entree? The traditional burgers???

Peace
Dave

ALF
08-02-2011, 09:00 PM
Tom, what are we having for the entree? The traditional burgers???

Peace
Dave

This year the "Grillmaster" and assistant will be grilling up chicken quarters!

cookie
08-02-2011, 09:09 PM
This year the "Grillmaster" and assistant will be grilling up chicken quarters!
Mmm.

Peace
Dave

tweber
08-02-2011, 09:14 PM
They are "lovingly" preparing the chicken Alf mentioned, and they will be shipped in all the way from Baraboo. That is the chicken is being shipped in, not Alf and his assistant.

ALF
08-02-2011, 09:15 PM
:cool: Hey all! When is everyone planning on getting to the rally? Is anyone planning on staying until Monday?

ALF
08-02-2011, 09:18 PM
They are "lovingly" preparing the chicken Alf mentioned, and they will be shipped in all the way from Baraboo. That is the chicken is being shipped in, not Alf and his assistant.

Everyone better bring their appetites for all the good food planned!!!!!!

cookie
08-02-2011, 09:21 PM
:cool: Hey all! When is everyone planning on getting to the rally? Is anyone planning on staying until Monday?
I think I have off that week. We can stay till Monday.

Peace
Dave

jbeletti
08-02-2011, 09:43 PM
Hi Paul and Sue,

Nancy and I have a family reunion in the Dells that we are hosting the weekend following the rally, so we are staying at Country Roads through Wednesday night.

Party on!

Jim

jimtoo
08-02-2011, 10:48 PM
I think I have off that week. We can stay till Monday.

Peace
Dave

What do you mean "off that week".....Moderators NEVER even get a DAY off!!!! :)

jbeletti
08-03-2011, 06:14 AM
What do you mean "off that week".....Moderators NEVER even get a DAY off!!!! :)

Jim - you can have this Sunday off.

Love ya!

Jim

cookie
08-03-2011, 08:07 AM
OK, back to the OP. Mary said she will make potato salad.

Peace
Dave

jayc
08-03-2011, 09:41 PM
If there is still room, we'd like to come to the rally. Stella will be fixing baked beans for the potluck. I'll call tomorrow for reservations with the park, arriving on the 11th.

Terry H
08-03-2011, 11:38 PM
Jay,

I am glad you and Stella can make the rally, you will have a blast. You are the Official Token Texan's for this years Rally. Carol and I had that honor last year. We can not make it this year because we are attending a PGI (http://www.pgi.org/convention/overview.aspx) Convention (Fireworks) in Fargo, ND. We will be here until Aug. 13th.

GOTTOYS
08-04-2011, 12:30 AM
We're coming in on Thursday and plan on leaving on Sunday...but after coming back from Northern WI last Sunday..I'm thinking we might stay until Monday if we can, and avoid all those "Sunday drivers"..Don

CampDually
08-04-2011, 06:25 PM
Steve and Dianne are coming on Thurs. maybe Wed. if we can get in. Maybe we'll stay till Mon. if the campground will have us. Dianne says she'll make a dessert, not sure which one yet, but you can bet in will have some kind of chocolate in it.

tweber
08-04-2011, 10:45 PM
I would like to welcome our newest WI Chapter members, Bruce & Rosemary Bishop, Lake Mills, WI. They will be joining us at Country Roads for our WI rally next week. Welcome, Bruce & Rosemary.

tweber
08-04-2011, 10:51 PM
Welcome, Jay and Stella. Glad you can make our rally. Looking forward to meeting you. I sent an email your way highlighting some of our activities. Have a safe trip, and we will see you next week.

jayc
08-05-2011, 10:11 PM
Thanks Tom, it was good talking to you this afternoon. We'll be in on Thursday afternoon and looking forward to seeing everyone.

ALF
08-05-2011, 10:13 PM
We're coming in on Thursday and plan on leaving on Sunday...but after coming back from Northern WI last Sunday..I'm thinking we might stay until Monday if we can, and avoid all those "Sunday drivers"..Don

You should try to avoid that Sunday traffic and stay. It looks as if there are a few of us staying till Monday!

ALF
08-05-2011, 10:17 PM
I would like to welcome our newest WI Chapter members, Bruce & Rosemary Bishop, Lake Mills, WI. They will be joining us at Country Roads for our WI rally next week. Welcome, Bruce & Rosemary.

Welcome Bruce and Rosemary to the WI HOC family! We look forward to meeting you at the rally next week!

Saukville Bob
08-07-2011, 07:34 PM
Three days and counting!!!

Lynn and I (the grill assistant) will be bringing "Summer Spaghetti Salad" for the pot luck. We will be arriving Thursday and leaving Sunday.

Looking forward to seeing all of you.:o:)

tweber
08-10-2011, 09:58 PM
So far Steve/Diane Peters, Larry/JoAnn McCullen, Dave/Mary Hromek, Reg/Nancy Hromek, Jim/Nancy Beletti, Mike/Chris Born have arrived for the rally. More will be settling in at Country Roads tomorrow. Yes, Saukville Bob, Thursday is finally here. Have a safe trip and we will see everyone soon.

Ray LeTourneau
08-10-2011, 10:42 PM
We'll be getting in mid day tomorrow. For the pot luck we have 2 options. Lin's fabulous beans (Not leftover from last year) or some apple desert thing?? See ya'll tomorrow.

ALF
08-10-2011, 11:00 PM
Just arrived about 2 hours ago. Thanks Jim for helping to guide us in in the dark! We are ready to RALLY again!!!! Oh and don't forget the wine!

jayc
08-11-2011, 07:09 AM
We'll be leaving Kewaunee WI in a couple of hours.

jbeletti
08-11-2011, 07:43 AM
It was my pleasure Paul. Whenever I see a Heartland arriving in the dark, I know an extra flashlight being held by someone who knows the campground is usually a plus.

Jay/Stella and Ray/Lin - see you guys soon.

Jim

Herbiesrig
08-11-2011, 07:51 AM
We will be leaving Grand Marsh WI (about 30 miles away) soon...Looking forward to meeting everyone.

jayc
08-12-2011, 07:09 AM
The "token Texans" are having a good time. We enjoyed a nice campfire last night and making new friends. Much cooler here than Texas has been.

I read this morning that Dallas didn't break the record for consecutive 100 degree days when a cold front came through and it only got up to 97 yesterday.

mnkamper
08-12-2011, 08:17 AM
A big "hi" to all the WI chapter rally people from the Ireland's!

tweber
08-12-2011, 09:56 AM
Thanks, Tom & Kathy. You are missed. Hope you can make it nest year. Happy camping & stay safe. :)

2psnapod1
08-12-2011, 10:38 AM
I have to say I'm jealous of all of you! Being a Wisconsinite (transplanted in AL due the Army!) I'm wishing that we could have made it to the rally. Having been in WI for the entire month of July and leaving on August 6th (due to the Army, once again!) we are quite sad that we just missed you all! Have a wonderful time and we sure are hoping that we can make the next rally!:)

jbeletti
08-12-2011, 11:56 AM
Hi Kelly,

We'd have liked to have you and Michael join us too :(

We'll meet up again somewhere :)

Jim

tweber
08-12-2011, 09:56 PM
This was a great day at the WI rally. Many thanks to the following people ... Reg & Nancy for putting together the Lost Canyon & winery trip. Cookie & Mary for hosting the cheese & cracker meet & greet. Paul, Sue, Bob, Lynn for creating great camp fire pizzas. All was well done and help create a great time among old & new friends. Thank you, thank you & thank you :)

cookie
08-12-2011, 10:39 PM
We had a fun filled day today. Breakfast, winery wine tasting, cheese and crackers meet and greet all finished off with campfire pizza. Not to mention the iced Cinnamon buns at Denny's. Denny's corner restaurant that is.PeaceDave

katkens-DW
08-13-2011, 11:23 AM
Dave it sure looks like fun!! I wish we could have done a camp fire, There's nothing like good friends and a campfire!!

tweber
08-13-2011, 09:12 PM
Another great day at the WI rally. Great breakfast, Upper Dells boat ride, pot luck feast, and a warm evening fire. Thank you goes to Leonard Wagner, Wager RV Sales, Green Bay, WI for sponsoring breakfast on Saturday, and Jeff Peterson, Scenic RV, Slinger, WI for sponsoring the meat for the pot luck on Saturday. Their support is greatly appreciated.

Herbiesrig
08-14-2011, 06:44 PM
Just wanted to say Thanks everyone involved for putting on a great rally... Lots of fun, good food and fellowship.
Dan, Karen and Herbie

Saukville Bob
08-15-2011, 06:11 AM
Lynn and I would like to thank both Jim and Tom for all the pre-planning, and behind the scenes logistics they have to do to put together such a "GREAT" event. Without them none of this would have happened.

jayc
08-15-2011, 06:22 AM
Thanks for having Stella and I as the "token Texans". We had a great time and made some more friends at the rally.

jbeletti
08-15-2011, 08:55 AM
Lynn and I would like to thank both Jim and Tom for all the pre-planning, and behind the scenes logistics they have to do to put together such a "GREAT" event. Without them none of this would have happened.

Thanks Bob and Lynn. Trust me - Jim did no planning. It was all Tom and Gerry. I was always in the background for support for Tom.

Thank you Tom and Gerry, Bob and Lynn, Paul and Sue and all who really helped out to make this another great WI rally!

And the rally continues. A group of us went to Wollersheim Winery yesterday and a group went out last night to Ho Chunk Casino for a little food and fun. Most are leaving today (Monday) with a few of us holding over longer. Other than some rain, the weather has been outstanding!

Jim

GOTTOYS
08-15-2011, 08:26 PM
Thanks to all for a GREAT time. All the fun and hospitality was appreciated. We successfully completed our return border crossing into Minnesota without incident. Kath and I already made our reservations for next year. ....Don