What do you think about the NT KING 32BUDS??

silverhawk

Some dear friends of ours are looking to order the North Trail Kind 32BUDS. We went with them today and looked at it and it is really nice - especially for a family of five. We love Heartland RVs and own an Elk Ridge . . . but would like to get feedback from folks who might own this model AND/OR a NORTH TRAIL. Thanks much!

Last edited:

32BUDS

We have had our BUDS for a couple of months. We truly love it for our family of 4. Although, we even took the in-laws and slept 6 as comfortably (well...lets be honest...always could use a little more room). We usually go with some friends or my parents and the outdoor kitchen is great for entertaining. The thing we really like is that there is room for a peapod (where my youngest sleeps) in the back of the trailer and we can close it off for naps and such. His brother loves the bed over the outdoor kitchen and sleeps like log.

I would make sure the heads of household lay down in the "master bedroom" in the front to make sure they fit. If not, the inflatable beds are very comfy.

We have had a few glitches with the AC wires not hooked to the compressor and furnace is giving our dealer a run for their money, but it is covered under warranty and they are fixing it as we speak.

We have looked at TT for a number of years, and this seems to be a great fit for us, we keep coming back to what a nice unit it is and we have enjoyed all of our camping trips. I would recommend also the U-shaped dinning area vs. the table as you get another sleep area and softer than the chairs. We got the table and chairs and although we don't watch much TV on trips, I would be more comfortable in the U-shaped area. Please feel free to ask any questions.

silverhawk

Thanks 32BUDS . . . I will definitely pass this onto them. Good point about the "master bed" My girlfriend is very tall and she did try it out. They are going to swap out for an 80" mattress. They are also looking at getting the U-shaped dinning area as they will really need the space since they went from a family of 3 to five a couple of months ago with the birth of their twins. Like you they really like the idea of being able to put the babies in the back area and close it off for their naps. I told her (my kids are older now) but if the outdoor kitchen had been an option when my kids were younger I would have JUMPED ON IT!!! Keeps the kids from running in and out of the camper. :) I will let you know if they have any other questions.

I just noticed you are in Colorado. Where abouts are you located? We are in the Black Forest.

Thanks
Mary

32BUDS

Silverhawk,

We are just west of Parker in Elbert County. 80" Mattress will be a tight fit, we purchased a memory foam topper for our bed and had to cut off the bottom so it wouldn't rub the sliding doors. I am no giant, but most of the time with a fluffy pillow, my feet are hanging off of the mattress. The only other non-nap friendly thing is the vent/skylight in that area. Not sure if the twins are use to sleeping in the dark, but when the sun rises at 5:30 AM, they may be wide awake. I started to tape it off with painting tape, but now just let it be as it is too much of a hassle.

Happy Camping!

We have had our 2011 32 BUDS since May and have 12 nights in her so far. Absolutely love it!!! Master bed is a tad short but not a deal breaker (I am 6 ft tall). Memory foam is a great call. "Kids Quarters" in the back has my 12 and 10 year girls asking when we are going back out instead of making a face about going. Outside kitchen is awesome. Bike/storage deck on back great to have. My only complaint other than the usual shake down items is the grill that comes with the BUDS is not very good but we carry our WeberQ any way. My wife is pleased. My kids are pleased. I am pleased.

olyfire

We have had our 32BUDS since April. Have had it out 4 time and just love it. Had a few problems and at present it is in being fixed. The worse problem is the slide malfunctioned and bent the frame. The entire slide unit is being replaced. Heartland was great. We had problems with our own dealer and switched to a non HL dealer to do the warranty work. HL worked with the dealer and got the parts coming right away.

It was a bad time for this to happen as we had a trip planed with 5 of the grandchildren. My wife's sister loaned us their trailer, much smaller, but what a blessing to not cancel our outing. We just keep saying if only we had our HL. Getting excited about getting it back. We would not hesitate to buy another.
Love the outside kitchen, camping in the rain it was a great place to bar-b-q. Our trailer sits next to our home and used it for the bar when we had a gathering.
We had looked at a few other brands with the outside kitchen but found the overall quality to be better.

When camping with others ours has become the gathering place because of the room. We carry a two folding chairs and with those we can sit 6 adults around our dining room table.
The room is great and to be able to have a separate place for kids is special for them.

silverhawk

Thank you everyone!! Sorry for the delay in responding but we were camping :) I will definitely pass this information on. They are in the process of selling their Coleman Pop-up and once they do that, they are going to buy the 32BUDS.