Its official - retirement!

Ernie & Lettie

Well as of the 16th of june I am Offically retired. The wife is still working, she has about 4 years more till its her time. Wish she could retire sooner so we can hit the road and do the things we want to do, travel the U.S. We were looking at a new Big Horn on friday and she said that she could live in it. so maybe down the road we will start looking for a Big Horn and maybe trade in our North Country for it . take care Ernie & Lettie

jimtoo

Re: Its official

Congratulations Ernie, I'm sure you will find enough to keep you busy around the house.

Yes, down the road the Big Horn is a nice unit and we could live in ours

Enjoy the peace while you can,,,, Lettie will find many things that need a little fixing.

Jim M

RollingHome

Re: Its official

Ernie, Congrats dude... Just keeping taking your meds so ya don't have a relapse and have to go back... now ya can start living :) Tom

RollingHome

Ernie, Annville, PA. is a really neat place, real country place & folk, please visit us some time. Just gotta ask all you lifers... 20 years AAF, so what did ya do ? Just wondering and thank you for serving our country all that time. Tom

P.S. Being a pilot, I'm sure you can appreciate my interest.

Ernie & Lettie

Rolling Home, For 20 years in the Air Force I loaded Bombs for a living. I loaded everything that the Air Force had in its inventory from 1966 to 1986. It was fun, quite dangerous but still fun. Met some real nice people and had good times everywhere I was stationed. Take care Ernie & Lettie

jpajax

You do know now that everybody knows that you are retired you we be a (Gofer) go fer this and go fer that.

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
I'm jealous !!!!! :( I can't even come close to counting the days before we can say RETIRED. Enjoy

wdk450

Ernie:
The best advice I can give you for retirement is to do everything you can to keep your health up. You can get by retired on little money, but it's pretty hard in poor health.
I hope you get out for a lot of 3 day weekends, and minivacations until your wife retires.

Ernie & Lettie

Bill you are so right health is important. I keep thinking that I am a young buck, and once I start something I have to go and go until it gets finished, sometimes foregetting to eat and get out of the sun here in tucson. Like yesterday got 4 tons of 3/4 rock delivered and started moving it at 7 am. and got done at 4pm. Doesn't sound to bad but yesterday was 105 degrees and it was very warm. but everything worked out. Tom, were you a pilot in the armed forces or commerical.

RollingHome

Put me on that Annville to do list Ernie... Actually, if I had a choice, Annville or Scotland... Annville's nice, but :) JMHO Tom