Toilet bowl filling with water

rick_h

Hi Everyone,

Having one of our first issues after a year with our M18. Our toilet is slowly leaking the rinse/flush water into the bowl and it is filling the bowl within an hour or two. We have a regulator for pressure and the system pressure seems normal. Any idea if this is a DIY fixor a dealer issue. How long is dometic warranty on the toilet?

Thankfully I turn the water off when we are away or we might have had a nasty surprise this week.

Thanks in advance for any help or advice.

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
Take a brush and clean around the bowl seal to be sure you are getting a good seal. If the flap does not close right it could cause water to run as the valve has not cut off. I was reading an article today that said to use Lemon Pledge on the seal to lubricate it and make it seal better. Use rubber gloves to be sanitary. A brush can also be used the clean the groove. Don't drop the brush in the tank or you will have more problems.

rick_h

Thanks for the feedback! It looks like a 3 year warranty on this so I will call my dealer tomorrow about having them check it out or get me a replacement part that I can swap.

Rickhansen

Jim,
Rick's problems appears to be a leaky water valve, not a leaky ball seal.

Rick,
Double check that the screws that hold the water fill valve are tight and that the flush pedal returns to the 'neutral' position. I don't recall that there was any adjustment to the valve assembly. If all is well there, you will need to contact Sealand (Dometic) for a new valve.

There's been a lot of issues with the Sealand 210 toilets. If you search the forums, you should get plenty of returns. Sealand has been pretty generous with supplying parts and even entire new toilets (We got one).

Good luck.