Dealer Problem

jcd8822

Joseph
I need Heartland's help and would appreciate it if someone will find out what is going on for me. I am getting no where with the Village Idiots at Southwest RV in Katy, TX, and time is getting short.

Our Bighorn is a 2006, serial number 1072.

We took our Bighorn in to Southwest RV on Wednesday, September 27th. They said the springs had collapsed. I have visited them twice and called four times trying to find out the status of what is going to be done about the springs and they keep saying they need to get with Heartland and the spring manufacturer. I have told them each time that this needed to be handled in a timely manor as we are leaving for a two week trip on October 20th. They always promise to get back with me, but never call. I have always had to call them and it is the same song and tap dance....."We need to hear from Heartland and the spring manufacturer." I am tired of their song and want to know what is going on, so I thought maybe someone at Heartland could look into this for me. The fact that I always have had to call them, they have never called me, makes me suspicious that they are dragging their feet. We need to set a date to take it in for the repairs. I would go higher than their Service Manager if someone was around to talk with. They currently do not have a General Manager, and the acting GM is always “with a customer,” and the Region V.P. is out until next Monday. HELP, please.

Joseph Dorsey
713 598-0221
979 885-4778
jcd622@sbcglobal.net

Scott

I got your email this morning, and immediately contaced both David Partin and Jim Fenner who will get with the dealer and back with you today on this.

ST

v92c

Texan
Southwest RV

I do not believe you could find a more inept RV dealer if you tried. I bought my Bighorn there so expected to get it serviced there also. Everytime I take it there, I cannot get a phone call returned. It is very difficult to get someone on the phone, and when you do they cant tell you what is going on with your RV. I have had to go in, take the list of items to be repaired, and show them what needs to be done next. It is ridiculous.

After my first warranty visit, they ordered parts and would call when they came in. Yeah right. So I call 6 weeks later and of course the parts are there. So I take it in, and 3 weeks later, they tell me they cant find the parts and have to reorder them. And the work that was supposed to be done, other than the parts, wasnt done when I got there. I had to get them out to fix stuff before I could leave with the camper.

Villiage Idiots was a very generous term. I cant wait to get the warranty work finished, so I will not have to deal with them again.

Tony

jcd8822

Joseph
Thanks, Scott, I appreciate your helping rattle their cage.
This morning I received a voice message from a lady in their warranty department that they needed to know the name of the spring manufacturer since I "had left before they could get it off the coach." That irritate me since they had it in their possession for 9 hours and when it was returned from being weighed I was told I could take it and leave. Then when I had finished with her message the cell phone beeped again that I had another voice message, it was from their service manager and it did not make sense if he still need the manufacturer’s name or not. He is not the most coherent speaker when it comes to using the phone.

Tony, last night I did send an email to their sales manager advising him of what had happened while he was off yesterday. I also told him he and his sales staff were wasting their time because they do not have a competent service staff to back them up. They had a great product and they make wonderful deals, but that is as far as it goes.

I still intend to speak with Jim Ferris, their region VP, when he returns next week. Tony, you also might want to let him hear from you. The guy named Larry in New Braunsfel who gave me Jim’s name said he does keep on top of things. Unfortunately he will not be back until next Monday.

It will be interesting to see when I hear from any of them next, especially since Oct 20th is now 8 days away. I have already paid for the DataStorm Rally in Kerrville and now I do not know if I can take the coach to it.

Joseph

jcd8822

Joseph
Inquiring minds need to know:

Why did the springs collapse?
Were the wrong springs on the coach?
Were the springs not installed properly?
Did this affect the axle?
Have new springs been ordered or shipped?
How long will it take the springs to arrive at the dealership?
How long does it take to replace the springs?
We are scheduled to leave this Friday (In two and 1/2 days); what are the consequences of driving with the collapsed springs?

Why can't anyone at Southwest RV call and answer these questions and tell us what is going on?

Why does Southwest RV not have any for of customer service?

Can another dealer in this area do this work?

Does Southwest RV really plan on staying in business in the absence of customer service???

jcd8822

Joseph
Inquiring minds need to know:

Why did the springs collapse?
Were the wrong springs on the coach?
Were the springs not installed properly?
Did this affect the axle?
Have new springs been ordered or shipped?
How long will it take the springs to arrive at the dealership?
How long does it take to replace the springs?
We are scheduled to leave this Friday (In two and 1/2 days); what are the consequences of driving with the collapsed springs?

Why can't anyone at Southwest RV call and answer these questions and tell us what is going on?

Why does Southwest RV not have any form of customer service?

Can another dealer in this area do this work?

Does Southwest RV really plan on staying in business in the absence of customer service???

jcd8822

Joseph
Thank you, Jim Fenner. Southwest RV just called to say "the springs just arrived" and they are going to put them on in the morning.

Thanks again.

Joseph

FennerJ

Heartland Dealer Service
No problem Joseph,
I tried, from the beginning to get the issue resolved in a timely manner. However, there was a lot of information that had to be transferred from you to the dealer, to me, then to the axle manufacturer. Then the process had to be revesed back to you, this process can be time consuming but has to be followed as the part manufacturers have to be involved in the process. I am glad to hear you are back on the road, call me with any other concerns. Thanks and happy camping!!!!!!

Jim Fenner