Whats the extra switch for???

micar

Maiden voyage in the 3300RLB this weekend...3 weeks since picking it up and the PDI so have forgotten lots:confused:.Couldn't get the hot H2O to work on Electric,but thanks to Heartland FAQ figured out that I needed to turn on the little switch outside.So my next question is what is the extra residential type switch for inside the RV above the electric water heater switch???
Mike

jimtoo

Hi Mike,

The extra switch should be for the outside plug that is up high near the awning for your outside lights.

Jim M

micar
In our 3010, Cyclone we have two residential type switches that we couldn't figure out. Asked Eric, our dealer yesterday.
The (RED TOGGLE) residential type switch" inside the panel cupboard is for the hot water heater when using hydro to heat the water. The little switch is when the water heater is using propane.
The other switch on the lower section of our cupboards controls the plug-ins in the garage unit.
Maybe this helps.

micar

Thanks for the answers,I remember the dealer telling me that now.Another question though,do I need to turn the switch on the outside of the water heater to the off position in order to run on LP in the future???
Mike

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
No, you do not need to turn the outside switch off. Just turn off the red lighted switch inside and turn on the little switch on the monitor panel and you will run on propane only. If you leave the red switch on, it will be running on both electric and propane. Useful if you need a rapid heating of the water when the whole gang wants to shower within a short time frame.

nemo45

No, you can leave that on and then operate it with the two switches inside. The one for gas operation and the red residential one for electric operation. Always make sure there is water in the heater before either type of operation, but especially electric.