FM Antenna

pineguy

Hi

This is a followup on a thread in a different area regarding the 'Missing FM Antenna'.

//heartlandowners.org/showthread.php/6534-FM-Antenna-gone

I had read this so thought it would be a good idea to use some thread locker on my antenna before using the trailer for any trips. After 2 trips I got home and now noticed that my antenna is missing too!!! I cannot figure out how that antenna would come loose especially with loctite, but it did ???

I have looked around our city and cannot find a replacment that accepts the 3/8" threads, could heartland point us to a website that we can order a replacement?

Thanks

jimtoo

You know... I have been thinking (wow) and a few years back I installed a radio and stuff in my son's boat. I put an antenna on that mounted through small hole in the glass and was rubber and only 18" or so. I think it screwed on like you are referring to. You might check a boat shop or sporting good store that caters to fishing and boating. And next time I am out and about I will look also.

Jim M

robnmo

Hi

This is a followup on a thread in a different area regarding the 'Missing FM Antenna'.

//heartlandowners.org/showthread.php/6534-FM-Antenna-gone

I had read this so thought it would be a good idea to use some thread locker on my antenna before using the trailer for any trips. After 2 trips I got home and now noticed that my antenna is missing too!!! I cannot figure out how that antenna would come loose especially with loctite, but it did ???

I have looked around our city and cannot find a replacment that accepts the 3/8" threads, could heartland point us to a website that we can order a replacement?

Thanks

We did the same thing, put on loctite and lost the antenna in less than 30 miles, the base was cracked, we replaced it while at Heartland and it was put on finger tight and just snugged up. It's been on there for about 6K miles without a problem. So make sure you ck the mounting before just replaceing the antenna.

davelinde

I've lost two as well. I know the second one was tight!
At this point I gave up because I get pretty good FM reception without it? Unless we start listening to the radio more in the RV it's not on my "fix" list.

JohnHD

I have also lost my radio antenna. Found it loose several months ago and tightened it. It is now missing. I have read many threads regarding the loss of radio antenna, I am surprised Heartland has secured a better antenna to put on the trailers. Plastic antenna can not stand the equialent of a earth quake every hour a trailer goes down the road.