Lost Menu Bar

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
Michael Kidd, What's up. I didn't get on the site for a day and now when I get on I have lost the top menu bar. All I have is a list on the left side of all of the menu bar options. This is happening only on my laptop. My desktop at home is fine. I must have some settings messed up. Can u help?

jimtoo

Michael Kidd, What's up. I didn't get on the site for a day and now when I get on I have lost the top menu bar. All I have is a list on the left side of all of the menu bar options. This is happening only on my laptop. My desktop at home is fine. I must have some settings messed up. Can u help?

Jim.... Maybe your screen is just not tall enough for all the good stuff on this forum!!!! :D Naww.... did you try a restart??? not a sleep or hibernate...but a good restart?

Well, while we are on the subject of what's up with this.... is anyone else having a problem loading the Portal page????
I have tried different computers and the page loads ssslllooowww.
Dont want to hijack the thread Jim, just maybe somehow it's all related out there in the cyber world.

jimtoo

Well, while we are on the subject of what's up with this.... is anyone else having a problem loading the Portal page????
I have tried different computers and the page loads ssslllooowww.
Dont want to hijack the thread Jim, just maybe somehow it's all related out there in the cyber world.

Yes Larry, It is a 30 second load time for some reason for me also. I have contacted LK and Jim B and they are checking into it. I guess it's not like that every where. I have tried my cell phone as modem, Sprint 3G EVDO to laptop and it is same... but,,, just using Sprint phone for service it is normal 8 +&- second load time. Don't make sense to me.

Jim M

jmgratz

Jim.... Maybe your screen is just not tall enough for all the good stuff on this forum!!!! :D Naww.... did you try a restart??? not a sleep or hibernate...but a good restart?

Tried the hard restart and all the different screen settings without success. Still baffled.

jmgratz

Okay, I have figured out part of the problem just don't know why. I get a proper display with MS Explorer but do not with Firefox. With Firefox the top menu bar is missing. Ideas?

jimtoo

Hey Jim,
This sounds your system loaded the "stylesheet" for the page incorrectly once, and is continuing to use this cached local, but incorrect copy of the file each time you load up the page. In Firefox, you can force a cache refresh by clicking the refresh button WHILE holding down Ctrl and Shift buttons. If that fails or your using another browser, you could try clearing the browsers cache ( each browser is a bit different for doing this, so a quick google search for your browser name and 'clear cache' should yield specific instructions ).

If all of the above fails, then it is likely your internet service provider has cached the incorrect copy. If this is the case, then there's not much you can do but wait for their cached copy to expire ( could be a day to a week ).

RE: Slow portal page loading. From what I understand, this started just a few days ( to one week ) ago. This coincides with when our current hosting service moved the hosting from one data center to another. I'm continuing to investigate this and hope to find some resolution shortly.

Let me know if any of this helps!
LK

jimtoo

Okay, I have figured out part of the problem just don't know why. I get a proper display with MS Explorer but do not with Firefox. With Firefox the top menu bar is missing. Ideas?

Jim,, check to see if your in full screen view. Top right next to the X.

jmgratz

Okay, it is working now. I cleared the history on Firefox and now it is working correctly. I guess using these contraptions is always a learning experience. Thanks Michael. I will make a note of your suggestions. Sure looks better now.

jnbhobe

The portal is slow to load for me too and your right LK it started about a week ago. Thanks LK your always a BIG help

SouthernNights

Past South Carolina Chapter Leader
LK,
You must have pulled another rabbit out of your hat. The portal page seems to be loading much much quicker now.

Thank you for all you do and the enjoyment you bring to us "little people' by making the forum work so good!