One Nail, Two Flats

DJC523

So, pulling my 2011 31QBS past a stump last night and found an old aluminum gutter nail hidden in the dirt near the base of the stump.:mad: Great. So, with all the talk about china bombs from the 5ver guys, should I replace just the two with similar quality/construction (ST 205/75 D14 Load Range C)? Or should I bump up to an LT or better constructed tire, and if so, do I replace all 4? Or Radials?

Thoughts, suggestions, funny stories?

Doug.

Whenever you replace a tire you should replace them as a matched set on the same axle. i.e. same size and brand. If you only replace one you run the risk of the vehicle not tracking straight. And when rotating tires don't forget the spare. It is not unusual to see a spare tire brand new never been on the ground dry rotted because it was never in the rotation. Also if it is possible I would upgrade the trailer tires to an E rated tire if the rim allows. E rated tires have a higher weight carrying capacity. Check the rim for the max allowable weight the rim can handle.

irvin56

rims are only good for 50 psi. and only can mount the 14" tires on them.
clearance will not allow 15" tires and rims to go on the trailer

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
If that is the case you cannot put E rated tires on those rim. E rated tires require 80 psi.