Oops....waited too long....

sislv

Tom & Sharol
Woke up this morning to the scenes in the attached pictures. We do plan on heading to Florida about mid November with our Bighorn 3055RL but it looks like we're getting an early winter. We have about 2" on the ground right now and they are predicting more into the weekend.

The blue tarp is just a temporary thing so I wouldn't have to clean up leaves and snow off the roof before we leave. We're planning on heading down via I-69 from Lansing MI to I-65 with a stop at Louisville KY. A possible side trip then to Treadway TN (weather permitting). Then back to I-75 to Zephyrhills FL. If the weather isn't good in the Cumberland Gap area, we'll head south from Louisville KY via I-65 to Birmingham AL then US-231 to I-10 eastbound, then I-75 south to Wesley Chapel FL. Hope we can find a few WalMarts along the way as I found most RV parks are closed by the end of October. We have found in the past that I-65 is a much less hectic route and we enjoy the nice slower pace with great scenery.

We do have the Bighorn winterized including a little anti-freeze in the two gray and one black water tanks. Mainly to help keep the drain valves from getting damaged. Our temperatures have been running in the 20's F at night here in northern MI.

I expect it'll be interesting to travel with winter nipping at our tail........

Tom & Sharol

Last edited:

sailorand

Past British Columbia Chapter Leader
Tom & Sharol
WHat???? heading for Florida????? You have got to come over to Quartzsite Az for the 3rd week off January for Quartzfest hamfest. Just meet in the desert for a week of dry camping and ham radio. Then on down to Yuma for the Yuma ham expo on Feb 16-18. Yuma expo is not big but lots of fun, greta people put it on.
No matter where you go just have way to much fun.
Regards
Rand
VE7HRA / K7HRA
http://www.yumahamexpo.com/
http://www.quartzfest.org

sislv

Tom & Sharol
Next year....

Hey Rand....Thanks for the Ham info.

We have been wintering in Florida for about 6 years in a double wide home which we sold last spring. Bought the Bighorn 3055RL with intentions to do quite a bit of traveling starting next summer. We have many friends and Couples Line Dancers who winter in our area in Florida and we want to spend one more winter dancing and golfing with them.

Next year we do plan to head west thru Montana-Idaho-Washington to sightsee and visit relations and friends. I had worked in Seattle for about 6 months after I retired and want to show Sharol the area. I have a couple of ham friends in B.C. that I would like to see too, one is in Williams Lake and the other has a ranch near Loon Lake. Also want to drop down to South Dakota and sightsee. Next winter we tentatively plan to winter maybe around Apache Junction AZ.

I'll keep the Quartzfest hamfest in mind for next year. Have to pick up an HF rig before long so that would be a good place to find one.

We now have about 4-5 inches on the ground and are expecting another 8 inches tonight.

Cheers and stay warm.......

Tom - W8OLE

sailorand

Past British Columbia Chapter Leader
Hi Tom
Williams Lake and Loon Lake are quiet a bit north of me. I am just over the boarder just south of Vancouver.
Have a great time in Florida
Rand

tdharley

I know what your talkin about. I was in Illinois, Friday, picking up my new truck and they were forecasting snow.

Just made it out .........whew!!!!!