Venue:
----------------------------------------

Details:
  • Hours: Wed-Sat 9 am to 8 pm
  • Hours: Sun 9 am to 6 pm

Club Volunteer Coordinator:
  • Cheryl Horst: diesel'sweetheart (click to contact)

Heartland Owners Club Presence:

-----------------------------------------------

• The Heartland Owners Club will have a presence at the Hershey Show, each day, Wednesday through Saturday (no club table will be setup on Sunday)
  • We will have a club table. The table will be somewhere in within our primary display. The table will be staffed by Club Member volunteers

Heartland Owners Member Volunteer Opportunity:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

1. Are you a Heartland Owners Club member?
  2. Are you coming to the Hershey show?
  3. Can you speak to others about the Heartland Owners Club and about Heartland RV products?
If you can answer yes to all 3 questions above, you may have what it takes to help us staff the Heartland Owners Club table during this show.

We are looking for couples to work two "4" hours blocks over the course of the first 4 days (Wed-Sat). The blocks can be on the same day in most cases. They do not have to be back to back blocks within the same day. They blocks can be on different days. It's all a function of what works for you and what blocks are available based on who's got their request in before you.

Cheryl Horst, our PA Chapter Co-Leader (with her husband Jim) will be coordinating the volunteers who are staffing the table. Please click the above, next to Cheryl's name to contact her with your interest. She will need:

• Your names (first and last for both of you)
  • Your cellular number
  • Your email address
  • Your shirt size(s) (we will have mens and ladies shirts vs uni)
  • Your preferred day(s) to work the table and your preferred day part(s) (morning, afternoon or evening)
Cheryl will put the schedule together. Cheryl and Jim Beletti will both work with you to show you the ropes.

For those "volunteer couples" accepted, you will be given the following tokens of appreciation* for your efforts:

Two People - "Two" Four Hour Blocks:
  • Admission for each of you to the show for the week (these will be Greeter Passes)
  • Parking Passes were planned but parking is free - so passes are not needed
  • $20 for food/snacks
  • Club Shirts (1 each)

One or Two People - "One" Four Hour Block:
  • Admission for each of you to the show for the week (these will be Greeter Passes)
  • Parking Passes were planned but parking is free - so passes are not needed
  • Club Shirts (1 each)

* subject to change - still working out details

VOLUNTEER UPDATE: Click here to see my update post on things you need/will want to know

Last edited:
RV show Hershey Sept dates

Hi all! Anyone interested in helping us staff the HOC table at the RV show in Hershey in September. Jim B has posted the information on the portal page....lower right hand corner...scroll down from the rallies.... I am taking names and info....so let me know ASAP if you can help!!!

Re: RV show Hershey Sept dates

Cheryl, we didn't make plans yet for September, but if we find a CG that could defiantly be in the works and we would help out at the booth.

So - a definite maybe.

Roster posted

I've updated the first post to show the roster of who's signed up as of now. Congrats to John & Nancy on their new North Trail which I've also updated.

Half the sites are booked and half are still available. Remember that the earlier you send in your form, the more likely you are to get the best site. So far, as far as I can tell, everyone will get their first choice of site type. Soon I might no longer be able to make that statement. The good news is that if the rally fills up sooner than later, then there will probably still be time to go back to the campground and shuffle our rally sites to accommodate what we want/need. But if we wait until a few weeks beforehand, then the CG just isn't going to have the flexibility to give us the best spaces.

I camped at this CG in my previous 36' Big Country ... with 30A power in a pull thru site during the middle of the week. It was the most relaxing camping trip I have ever taken. I think I'm going to have to take my new Cyclone up there to ummm, to make sure it's just as relaxing in a toy hauler ... yeah, that's the ticket.

dieselsweetheart

I am going to open this thread for discussion about the RV show. Jim B has provided all the details but we can chat up the show here too. So far I have these volunteers coming to the show and manning the owners table:

Jim and Sheila Gratz (camping at Thousand Trails): Wednesday (13th) 9-1p and Thursday (14th) 9-1p

Eric and Dorothy van Opstal (Flying Dutchman, camping at Conewago/Hershey CG): Thursday (14th) 9-1p and 3p-7p

Dave and Nona Gruner (truknutt, commuting from home in PA): Friday (15th) 5p-9p, Saturday (16th) 9-1p

Greg and Beth Dean (Freckles, camping at Hershey Highmeadow): date and times undecided

Cheryl and Jim Horst (dieselengineer, diesel'sweetheart, camping at Hershey Highmeadow): as needed once others fill in blocks

This is what I have scheduled so far. Since DH and I are working Wed and Thurs. until 3:30, we will be looking for volunteers who can "hold down the fort" until we can get there.

We will fill in time as needed, and have scheduled ourselves also for Friday night and Saturday during the day. Of course we will be "floating" during other times so we are there for everybody.

I am still waiting on confirmation from other owners because I have heard murmurings about coming to the show... Bob and Denise, Duane and Debbie...so we should be able to completely fill the schedule.

I plan on making our table "noticeable" to shoppers so they will stop by and chat with us if they have any questions about Heartland and what it means to be an owner!! You know out of 10 people who go to these shows to "browse" there may be a quarter of them who are seriously looking! Wilkins sold a lot of units last year (I think it was 40 something)...and that was when the economy was really bad... so maybe THIS year they will sell more units!!

I am happy to coordinate this event (and actually, a tip of my hat to Dave (truknutt) because he suggested we do something like this 2 years ago when we met in Elkhart. So the event is born in part to his suggestion. And you know me, I am a big cheerleader for Heartland so I am actually looking forward to being the "project manager" for this show.

I'll stay in touch on this thread!! Thanks everyone!!!

Flying Dutchman

Virginia Chapter Leaders - Retired
Looks like the plan is coming together. We are really looking forward to being there and helping out with the HOC table. It will be a lot of fun.

davebennington

We are scheduled to be at Conewago/Hershey CG from the 12th to the 19th. I thought I contacted you about our availability.

Dave & Julie Yocum (davebennington)

Greg and I cannot wait. We went to the Syracuse, NY show with our local dealer and had a great time. We have never been to the Hershey show and are looking forward to promoting Heartland to a larger group of potential owners.

See you all soon!!

hertzberg

Hi Cheryl,

We are planning to help out at the Hershey show. We have already booked our campsite at Eagle's Peak. We are coming in on Friday September 17th. I would say that we would be available to help out on either Saturday or Sunday. Just let us know what works. Before we left our campground today we met the family with the Heartland North Country and had a nice talk with them about the Heartland Owners club. They seemed very interested and will be looking into the forum. They are also planning to come to the RV show. They bought their unit from Wilkins and were very pleased.

kakampers

Past Heartland Ambassador
Hey Cheryl...does it have to be a couple? We'll be there with our booth down in the Giant Center, and one of us (namely ME :eek:), could break away and spend a little time at the booth to help....Kathy

dieselsweetheart

No it doesn't have to be couples...you can do a single stint...you can let me know Kathy what works best for you! Are you staying at Hershey/Conewago? We have 2 other owners staying there, as you probably read.

dieselsweetheart

Hi Denise...I'm just reading your note now...I don't have the forum on my Blackberry!! Would Sat 3-7p suit? and then you can come over to our place for the mini-rally!! Next year you should try to get into Highmeadow~

hertzberg

Hey Cheryl, Just checking the forum and see that you would prefer we work from 3-7. That's fine if that time works better for you. We will definately have to plan earlier next year!

Status
Not open for further replies.