Fridge not working

Eduardo37

The Grand Patriarch
The refrigerator in my trailer quit working, no power to it at all. Also the living room AC does not work. Everything else is normal. All fuses and breakers check good. The trouble started with a low power situation. What can I check to troubleshoot the two specific problems?

2008 Big Country.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
I don't know exactly what you, or how you checked things but the one thing I would do is turn the breakers off then on again. A visual check is not good enough. Also check the GFCI.
Then when you do get everything working get a system such as the Progressive EMS, which protects you from low votage.

Peace
Dave

wdk450

Ed:
1 common denominator I note in the 2 problems is 12 volt DC power. 12 volts is used by the thermostat to control the AC, and 12 volts runs the logic board for the refrig.
Check your 12 volt fuses, try running the refrig on gas.
Do you have status lights on the refrig control panel? These are run by 12 volts DC. Some posters have said that there are 12 volt fuses on refrigerator logic board.
Try setting your thermostat to cool mode with the thermostat lever at the highest (hottest) position. Listen very carefully as you slide the control lever cooler, and you should hear a quiet "click" when the 12 volt thermostat controlled AC relay is energized inside the air conditioner housing.

Good Luck!!!

SmokeyBare

When I have faced low Voltage coming into the RV from the 30 AMP connection at the Parks post, the whole RV 110 Volt electrical system shut down. The times it has happened I could run the "Fan Only" by moving the fan selector off of "Auto" to the "ON" side of the A/C but when I turned on the compressor or in other words moved the switch to "COOL", the system would drop out.

I'm guessing here... but I think it's a low Voltage protection built into the RV Converter. In those times I had that problem, after the low Voltage was corrected (By either moving to a better site or by the electrician dealing with their 110 Volt Connections) my Converter reset and allowed power to flow.

Be sure to check the GFI in the bathroom. That circuit seems to be connected to several other outlets, often the Fridge is also on that electrical line. Even though the breaker is On, if the GFI has tripped out... it as well as anything connected to that circuit will be off line.

Hope this is some help.

Marv