Need 1/8" thick Teflon fifth wheel lube disc supplier name

RollingHome

I have been unsuccessful in locating a supplier for a 1/8" thick Teflon lube disc for my hitch fifth wheel. I've searched Google, Amazon, eBay and a general web search. I've called hitch installers etc. I got my original one from Hensley Mfg. (The Hensley TS3 requires a 1/8" thick disc NOT a 3/16" or 1/4" disc which are readily available). Does anyone know of a supplier for a 1/8" thick Teflon disc ? Tom

Tom,

Consider calling Dually Depot (574-266-9151) in Elkhart or Dan's Hitches (574-262-4638) also in Elkhart. Both outfits do ton's of RV truck work for haulers in the area. If nothing else, use them as an information resource.

Jim

RollingHome

Thanks guys you solved my problem, one's in the mail to me. Now I'll tell ya what happened. I found the disc in the grass at the last CG - it fell off the kingpin box. So I cleverly tucked it into the kingpin box cavity so it wouldn't get lost. When I hooked up to pull home 10 days later I forgot about it and pulled home "unlubed". Somewhere between the CG and home the disc blew out and I had to get another one. The friendly guy who sold the new one to me told me his secret, duct tape it to the kingpin box. If no one else has a better idea - duct tape ( a campers best friend ) it is. Thanks again to all for your helpful suggestions. Tom

RollingHome

Funny you should mention that Bill. I've been told that Nylon works better then TEFLON for the lube plate. However, most pails are made from polymers like Nylon ... Seriously, have you done this ? I also found out there exist a $ 32.00 Teflon lube plate that has metal buttons on it to weld to the fifth wheel plate to stop it from getting lost. I paid $ 16.00 + S&H for the 1/8" free floating version from Dually Depot. Really nice people to do biz with. It seems that Indiana has everything when it comes to RV's. Another good suggestion was to check local plastic suppliers for Teflon sheet stock, that sounds like a real winner. On most free floater disc, the cute little fingers which "grab & hold" the fifth wheel king pin are pretty much useless... they don't grab & hold, your lube plate ends up in the CG grass like mine ! Oh well, another "really BIG problem solved" thanks to the HL family forum :)

KENNY COCHRAN

MCNEESE STATE COWBOYS #1
I go to A rubber & gasket supply house, give them the size i need and thickness, and they make me one. I get it square shaped so it fits the complete underside of my rv hitch plate. I then drill holes in it, counter sink the holes, use pop rivets and install it permanently to the 5th wheel hitch on my rv. It is always there and stays for a long while. Done the last 2 rv's this way. Sure beats the one camping world sells which i always seem to bend up hitching up.

Willym

Despite the common use of Teflon name for these discs, I am not aware if any such discs made from Teflon (properly known as PTFE). AlL the discs that I am aware of are made from UHMW (Ultra High Molecular Weight) polyethylene. The trade name of Delrin springs to mind. The plastic pail material is probably polyproplylene or polyethylene and would work OK but not wear as well as the UHMW variety. I (touch wood) have never lost a disc, if they get loose, I hammer the fingers a bit to get them to expand and thus regain their grip on the kingpin.

Larryheadhunter

X-Rookies Still Luving it
Hey Tommy ever thought of just calling Aaron over at Hensley to send you another lube plate? That's what I did and he sent it for freeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

Delaine and Lindy

Larry is correct, at one with the TS 3 I needed a 1/8" disc, don't really know what the thing is made of but I called it a Teflon disc. Camping World only has the regular size. The regular size fits my Trailer Saver TSLB2H 32,000 capacity with the standard Lippert pin box. GBY.....