Window leak

ROTCMAN

The living room side window (verticle open) leaked during the last rain. Water collected in the bottom groove where the windows slides shut, then seeped inside and ran down the wall and soaked the carpet. I could find no way to stop the leak short of calking the window shut. A temporary solution, but it works. Any ideas what is wrong with this window?

jimtoo

Hi rotcman,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and Family. We have a great bunch of people here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge if needed.

You need to check the outside bottom frame of the window, it should have a couple of drain openings. Make sure they are not plugged or covered with sealer.
Look at some of the other windows for a reference as to where the drains are.

If this is not the problem, contact your dealer for more help, and I'm sure some others will be in to help out also.

Enjoy the forum.

Jim M

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
The living room side window (verticle open) leaked during the last rain. Water collected in the bottom groove where the windows slides shut, then seeped inside and ran down the wall and soaked the carpet. I could find no way to stop the leak short of calking the window shut. A temporary solution, but it works. Any ideas what is wrong with this window?

We had the same thing happen last year and the problem turned out to be the window was actually not shut good. Looked shut and felt shut at first, but upon closer inspection was not tightly down. I pulled it up and slammed it shut and that fixed the problem. Your problem may be different, but sounds very similar to what we found.